Not contacted for an interview

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
it took almost 2 months for them to contact me. patience grasshopper

btw it does no good to call ACD because for the interview its out of their hands. the people doing the interviews are on a staff schedule and will most likely be off till the new year.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
It just depends on who is interviewing you. It's done at a facility level, so if the facility you're going to interview at isn't ready they won't call to set it up. It can take months just to interview depending on their schedule.

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
I emailed ACD on Thursday and was told that a lot of facilities around the country were not planning to start the interviewing until after the new year because of low staffing around the holidays. I was told to call if I haven't been contacted by mid January.

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
I emailed ACD on Thursday and was told that a lot of facilities around the country were not planning to start the interviewing until after the new year because of low staffing around the holidays. I was told to call if I haven't been contacted by mid January.
If you guys couldn't have figured this one out on your own, you may want to think about a new career! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

bridget1814

Sep 20, 2009
Seattle
Although this is likely the case, sometimes things do slip through the cracks. I waited a long time to be contacted for an interview after the March panels and finally decided to call the facility I was slated to interview at only to find out my paperwork had been lost. I interviewed several days later. As was stated, I'm sure most places aren't interviewing between now and the new year....but personally, a few weeks after the new year I'd be making some phone calls to make sure.

mcdeavic

Apr 24, 2010
I heard some atms were on vacation which is why some people didn't get a call to interview

radicrog

Trusted Member
Feb 5, 2009
Vegas
I got lucky and got to do my interview after I toured the facility last week. The manager had my name on the list of people to be interviewed, so he asked if I wanted to do it then so I didn't have to come back. Otherwise, I probably would've interviewed mid to late January.

SierraAK

Mar 30, 2011
Denver
Seems odd that they have time to do facility tours at some places but they don't have time to do interviews until January.

spades

What's happening?
Apr 20, 2009
Seems odd that they have time to do facility tours at some places but they don't have time to do interviews until January.
People who give tours are not always people who are also qualified to do interviews. I helped a tour group as an A Side. Clearly, I was one of the least important people in the building and I was certainly in no position where I would give an interview.