Oct 2012 CTI rejection email

BOILER_UP

Feb 29, 2012
West Lafayette, IN
The back story, as I understand, was that someone complained about favoritism. IE networking/etc. counting more than the actual qualifications of a candidate. They decided to make it anonymous to avoid legal action. Internal affairs agreed that their was favoritism, so the easiest way around is to blank out names. They don't have time to do that. As for the numbers....I was under the impression around 400 this panel and 800-1000 in Spring. If you read the email carefully, it states that your application will be considered as hiring needs demand. There are not enough VRA's to fill all of these spots. Your odds of getting hired are just as likely. It's ONE panel. People have been waiting five or six. I just feel bad for the age outs between now and winter/spring.
Blame it on your schools to tell you the importance of networking...
I really am sorry to you all. Hopefully they make up some ground next panel.

RFDATM

Trusted Contributor
Nov 27, 2009
IL
The back story, as I understand, was that someone complained about favoritism. IE networking/etc. counting more than the actual qualifications of a candidate. They decided to make it anonymous to avoid legal action. Internal affairs agreed that their was favoritism, so the easiest way around is to blank out names. They don't have time to do that. As for the numbers....I was under the impression around 400 this panel and 800-1000 in Spring. If you read the email carefully, it states that your application will be considered as hiring needs demand. There are not enough VRA's to fill all of these spots. Your odds of getting hired are just as likely. It's ONE panel. People have been waiting five or six. I just feel bad for the age outs between now and winter/spring.
There just may be, especially when you add the CTO, RMC, and Reinstate CPC, DOD

Davidian

Mar 31, 2010
Don't you wanna know?
1st of all its a election year. FAA is trying to get their budget under raps ( example. The stuff that's been going on with raytheon a contract the past months ). They were only planning on hiring around 100 this panel. Either they cancelled the panel totally or they will only fill the slots with qualified vras, ctos, etc. and there was no need to review CTI. Also they may still be trying to implement the recommendations for CTI hiring. But march is expected 500-600 pick ups. We shall see. I'm waiting 2 years, but like some others I thankfully don't mind my current job. Just be patient, I have gotten to the point it's not worth stressing about. Don't put your life on hold for the FAA.

Orlando1983

Rookie
Sep 22, 2012
1st of all its a election year. FAA is trying to get their budget under raps ( example. The stuff that's been going on with raytheon a contract the past months ). They were only planning on hiring around 100 this panel. Either they cancelled the panel totally or they will only fill the slots with qualified vras, ctos, etc. and there was no need to review CTI. Also they may still be trying to implement the recommendations for CTI hiring. But march is expected 500-600 pick ups. We shall see. I'm waiting 2 years, but like some others I thankfully don't mind my current job. Just be patient, I have gotten to the point it's not worth stressing about. Don't put your life on hold for the FAA.

"Very well said."

Lento7f1

Rookie
May 28, 2010
Denver
Ohh well time to call in, get the recommendation extended, and find out how to take the at-sat, and study like crazy for career #2...

JoshATC

Epic Member
Jun 27, 2010
ZLA CPC
There just may be, especially when you add the CTO, RMC, and Reinstate CPC, DOD

Don't forget the backlog of people already in line with TOLs.. I'm sure if they just hired CTO, VRA, RMC, REINSTCPC, DOD they could cover all spots they need..

I know I'm going to be hated for saying this.. but it's probably a good thing that they skip one round of hiring to clear out the pipeline...

AlphaRomeo

Trusted Member
Oct 12, 2009
Don't forget the backlog of people already in line with TOLs.. I'm sure if they just hired CTO, VRA, RMC, REINSTCPC, DOD they could cover all spots they need..

I know I'm going to be hated for saying this.. but it's probably a good thing that they skip one round of hiring to clear out the pipeline...
Yeah I am down for whatever to try to clear out the pipeline, I know you have been waiting awhile also. I was told this week not to expect a date till this time next year that'll put me at 1 1/2 year wait from TOL date! SUCKS!!

unclemenno1

Rookie
Oct 21, 2011
Ohio
My CTI Instructor today said at noon all the CTI schools had a Telaconference, so Im asking him what all he found out from that.

NOW

Newcomer
Apr 6, 2012
1500? Thats pretty high, I heard only 150 this panel.
It's a bit less, closer to 1300. It says it in the FAA Employment Outlook pdf. It's also not just this panel, but the one in March too. CTI hires however are usually less than 25% of that number.

unclemenno1

Rookie
Oct 21, 2011
Ohio
I talked to me Instructor he said they are only hiring 200 people this panel. He didnt say, but im assuming its only the CTOs and VRAs. Its because they hired to many in the fall panel last year, and they are getting backed up with people. Thats why this is happening.

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
Are you still without the email? I just received mine two hours ago. 3rd panel for me.
Still nothing im assuming its coming though, i just saw someone that went through the same situation as me and they got it. My last name is W, so idk if that haas something to do with it