Oct 30 terminal class

just_jenny01

Newcomer
Oct 3, 2008
VRA, as well, and denied every offer until I got what I wanted. Plus I had a few friends on the inside help me out a lot.
When you denied the offer, did you have to go back through the application process, or did they hold on to your application until your preference became available??

JakeTheSnake

Rookie
Sep 18, 2008
Chicago
When you denied the offer, did you have to go back through the application process, or did they hold on to your application until your preference became available??
If you are a VRA hire one of the pages that they'll send you is one to either accept their offer, turn it down and withdraw your name from being considered further, or make a counter offer. I always made a counter offer. After a while I made a few calls and in less than a week I had a TOL to ORD. That was close to 5 months ago so if you're going to hold out, expect the process to drag itself out. To bad pay can't be handled the same way.

Spacee

Rookie
Oct 15, 2008
Warrenton, VA
I should be going to Houston TRACON - Class begins Oct. 30th, but they haven't told when it ends... I've called and e-mailed the woman twice and still got nothing... makes it kind of difficult to book a place... any ideas/ballpark estimates???

Spacee

Rookie
Oct 15, 2008
Warrenton, VA
I'd like to think they just matched me up since I had a Houston address already, but I dunno... I'm a CTI and got a 95.6 on the AT-SAT, so maybe that helped a little. I know people that scored higher and got little podunk towers though, so I can't even begin to understand. I'm just happy I didn't get El Paso!!!

Pants81

Trusted Member
Jun 16, 2008
Indiana
ATCBOY your hilarious, everytime some facility in Texas pops up you always wish you got that facility....I know your from there and believe me I understand I do the same with Indy..I know its off the subject but I always laugh when I see your post...Keep on Keepin on man, your coool dude.

ATCBOY

Trusted Member
Jun 16, 2008
Screwston
Yeah Pants, ZFW would be a dream come true. I would also love the Tracon in Houston or Dallas, I do not want to step foot in certain places. I just looked up the cost of living in Nap-Town and found out it was cheap so who knows I may apply there but I rather stay here with friends and family.

illogical

Oct 4, 2008
orlando
I should be going to Houston TRACON - Class begins Oct. 30th, but they haven't told when it ends... I've called and e-mailed the woman twice and still got nothing... makes it kind of difficult to book a place... any ideas/ballpark estimates???

hello classmate.. im going to kmco an up/down
ill be doing tracon oct30 then they say right into a tower class after.. im in the meridian mansions :( owell been in worse during college...

what cti were you?

Spacee

Rookie
Oct 15, 2008
Warrenton, VA
I went to Embry-Riddle (Daytona campus). One of my old classmates is going to an up/down facility with the same class date as me, so I guess he'll be in my tracon class, this is pretty sweet!

I just received the final offer letter in an e-mail this morning too. I like how they say to send everything IN no later than 14 days before class... lol

IncontrolATC

Newcomer
Sep 18, 2008
Raleigh, NC
When I was there for terminal school back in May, they had us report to the auditorium at 7am I believe. Thats when you get spit up and given your class schedules. When you get to the gate you'll have to get a temporary badge and they'll tell you how to get there.