October 1st Government Shutdown

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
So watching C-SPAN and they just announced that ATC will not be furloughed. So does that mean we might be getting phone calls for class dates or as I assume it's for operations. Hate to be the instructors who are ready to work and teach again just to be told haha suckers go home again. This is so messed up. Maybe hump day may bring a resolution or not.
You will not be getting phone calls for class dates unless Congress authorizes the academy to open and begin training. Even if the government opens tomorrow, they likely wouldn't even begin to think about hiring until January, so regardless of whether or not non-essential personnel are at work, there will likely be no hiring activity anyway.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
soooooo has anyone asked their mortgage company if they'll accept an IOU yet? LOL.
I still love that story of a FL sheriff evicting Bank of America from their building for not paying rent...I love how these massive companies have double standards for everything. When you owe them money, they put it in your butt on the beach. When they owe you something, they put you on hold for 6 days on the phone and route you through east India.

Sactokid

Mar 23, 2010
fairbanks, ak
I still love that story of a FL sheriff evicting Bank of America from their building for not paying rent...I love how these massive companies have double standards for everything. When you owe them money, they put it in your butt on the beach. When they owe you something, they put you on hold for 6 days on the phone and route you through east India.
HEY i work at a bank!!! get it right we had to downsize even more, it is russia that we route you through now.
[video=youtube;rKiQqxHp5E8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKiQqxHp5E8[/video]

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
last time they were starting furloughs the union sent out an email saying skyone was offering very low (or maybe even no) interest signature loans for affected employees. Why no help now that we really may need it? Or have I missed it?

Genot

Trusted Contributor
Feb 7, 2010
A Dark Dark Room
last time they were starting furloughs the union sent out an email saying skyone was offering very low (or maybe even no) interest signature loans for affected employees. Why no help now that we really may need it? Or have I missed it?
I got the email about 2 days ago that they were offering that.

Genot

Trusted Contributor
Feb 7, 2010
A Dark Dark Room
if there is a link to skyone in there any chance you could paste it? I never got the email, no surprise knowing our union reps...
Here is a copy paste of the email I received.

With the Federal government shutdown looming, rest assured that we're here to support you.

If you suffer loss of wages due to the government shutdown*, our Crisis Co-Pilot program can provide financial relief to help with your everyday expenses.

How Crisis Co-Pilot can help you

$5,000 signature loan with 0% APR[SUP]1[/SUP] for the first 90 days

• 48-month term keeps the repayment manageable
• No payments for the first 90 days helps free up the cash you need

Fee reversals and more

• Reversals on select fees for up to 90 days
• Extensions on loan payments[SUP]2[/SUP]
• Free credit counseling through BALANCE

We understand the financial stress the furlough can cause, and we're here to help you through this difficult time.

Call us at 800.421.7111 or email us at memberservice@SkyOne.org to learn more about how Crisis Co-Pilot can help.

Chrisr_Conley

Rookie
Jan 8, 2013
Pass a clean CR funding government through December, repeal the medical device tax, repeal sequestration and replace with BIG but smart budget cuts. Bam, done. Conley for congress 2014

harv

Jun 15, 2008
The repubs were thinking that they Dems would cave like they have done the last 2-3 yrs. But now that the dems havent the repubs dont know what to do. Not saying the dems are right, but they showed some backbone, and didnt give in. Too bad I wont get a full paycheck on the 15th.

Both sides come to an "agreement/compromise" on Oct 16. I would bet $10, but i'm gonna be broke