OKC Dates

jamie10584

Feb 17, 2009
Wait, I saw some April 3rd's on here, and March 31st's, but I thought they only had a class every couple weeks? They told me April 1st yesterday, but now I am wondering if they were just making it up?

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
my rep told me april...i thought she said 3rd but i am not sure..it could be on the 1st.
she said she will send out my FOL once she gets my drug test results.

jamie10584

Feb 17, 2009
Don't they always start on a Monday? The 1st is a Thursday, 3rd is a Saturday. We need to get to the bottom of this :)

jamie10584

Feb 17, 2009
I just looked at past academy dates, and I guess they don't start on a Monday, so nevermind...

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
but i had gotten a date on march 6th and then the class was cancealled...and the 6th was on a saturday....maybe thats how i came up with the 3rd of april when my rep told me april start.

passafist

Sep 7, 2008
NORCAL TRACON
why you leaving so early if class doesnt start till the 31st?
I'm driving from NYC and I figured I'd visit family in KY on the 26th and 27, then get to OKC on the 28th. I know the Class date is not until the 31st, but I'm one to get acclimated to my area prior to the start of Class; like drive to and from the Academy from Kim's place to know how long it will take me to get to class in the morning, find a good bar, get to a barber and get cleaned up, etc. etc. I just like to be ready... if that means getting there a day or 2 early... then so be it.

NiaX

Trusted Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Derby City
I'm driving from NYC and I figured I'd visit family in KY on the 26th and 27, then get to OKC on the 28th. I know the Class date is not until the 31st, but I'm one to get acclimated to my area prior to the start of Class; like drive to and from the Academy from Kim's place to know how long it will take me to get to class in the morning, find a good bar, get to a barber and get cleaned up, etc. etc. I just like to be ready... if that means getting there a day or 2 early... then so be it.
where in KY is your fam?

fishwater7

Newcomer
Jun 28, 2009
April 7th class date. Waiting on drug test results to get FOL. But my gut tells me it's gonna get cancelled. Hope not. Going to Vero Beach, FL(tower)

markthetape

Jun 23, 2008
all reps are diferent most wont give you a date till everything is complete, i think this week they will be more confident with the class dates

Tommy10

Oct 8, 2008
Rockledge, FL
April 7th class date. Waiting on drug test results to get FOL. But my gut tells me it's gonna get cancelled. Hope not. Going to Vero Beach, FL(tower)
I spoke with the Vero manager last year and he told me that facility was not an FAA facility. Did that change?

fishwater7

Newcomer
Jun 28, 2009
sorry it took me a minute to get back to yall. Umm yes Vero Beach is a FAA tower. Atleast I hope so, cause I'm going there. It's listed as a FAA tower on FAA.GOV. I hear it's slow but I'm just trying to get my foot in the door :chug:

Raydon

Happy Camper
Aug 18, 2008
OKC
I got March 4 - can't find anyone else who's slated for this same time period.

I'm so confused. Maybe I'm getting the "special" class and they'll pick me up in a little yellow bus every morning.

fishwater7

Newcomer
Jun 28, 2009
I got March 4 - can't find anyone else who's slated for this same time period.

I'm so confused. Maybe I'm getting the "special" class and they'll pick me up in a little yellow bus every morning.
Don't get discouraged about not having the same class date as others. Remember that not all of the applicants are on SM. My understanding of training is this: Depending on your facility level you will enter training at a certain time. Like for myself, I'm going to a level 6 tower(slow) and I have a class date of April 7th. The actual tower class might start in march sometime and I will join later. I'm not sure if it's b/c my facility lvl or b/c I'm VRA. But anyways, I wouldn't worry about it if you have your FOL then it's atleast a decent chance you're going. If I'm totally wrong here please correct me SMers. Hope it helps.

snowco

Newcomer
May 28, 2009
Nashville, TN
As far as I know joining a class late would only be due to basics. If your background doesn't require you to sit through basics and your classmates are mostly OTS they will arrive in ok city first.