"On the Go" Vs "missed Approach"

Devil07

Rookie
Jul 14, 2018
When practicing multiple approaches in VFR conditions with a safety pilot, I typically tell the tower "Cessna 123, on the go" to let them know I'm done with the approach and climbing per "climb out" instructions given to me by approach control. I reserve the term "missed approach" for when I'm actually executing a missed approach. My safety pilot asked me the other day, why I say "on the go", I never really thought about it, I was just taught that way.

Do you guys in the tower find that confusing? Comments?

eltors0

The Grog Man
Jun 25, 2011
OH
No it is not confusing at all to say you’re on the go. I would say it is more confusing to say you’re going missed approach when you’re not actually conducting a missed approach procedure.

Devil07

Rookie
Jul 14, 2018
No it is not confusing at all to say you’re on the go. I would say it is more confusing to say you’re going missed approach when you’re not actually conducting a missed approach procedure.
Thanks for the clarification. That was my understanding, but I earned my IFR rating so long ago, I'm always second guessing myself when young whipper-snappers tell me something new. :)