One Day 4 Mid Schedule

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Make what easier? I'd rather just do a week of mids instead of coming in for one early day shift to start the week.
A facility can make the schedule anything they want, natca has no real say in what a schedule will/won't be.

KSDL

Rookie
Mar 23, 2015
Make what easier? I'd rather just do a week of mids instead of coming in for one early day shift to start the week.
A facility can make the schedule anything they want, natca has no real say in what a schedule will/won't be.
NATCA at the local level does have a say.

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
I've heard something along the lines of losing proficiency of working actual traffic. That's why they don't allow straight mids. If you're at someplace like Memphis, I'm sure it would be different. I don't know how true any of that is, it's just what I've heard. Sounds like a miserable schedule anyways

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
NATCA at the local level does have a say.
It's the management's right to assign the work. If they decide they're going to a new schedule next year, isn't that their call? I thought all that was needed was they had to discuss it with the local natca. Doesn't mean management has to follow natca's advice.
That's just how I understand it though.

AC1277

Mar 2, 2013
Paradise District
I've worked this schedule before, but it alternated with a week of eves. I thought I would love it, ended up hating it. The main argument I could see against it being every week is loss of proficiency.