OPS COUNT

Wisco89

Newcomer
Jul 29, 2017
The facility I work at is a military up/down facility that serves 5 satellite airports. We are sectorized vertically, surface to 3,000 and above 3,000 to 10,000. An approach position and an arrival position. My question is, if an A/C transfers from approach airpsace to arrival airspace is it considered more than one operation? and what publication justifies the decision.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
The facility I work at is a military up/down facility that serves 5 satellite airports. We are sectorized vertically, surface to 3,000 and above 3,000 to 10,000. An approach position and an arrival position. My question is, if an A/C transfers from approach airpsace to arrival airspace is it considered more than one operation? and what publication justifies the decision.
Negative. There is no count generated when an aircraft crosses airspace boundaries within the same facility.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Look in your AFI. Should be everything you want to know about traffic count in there. Don't they teach you how to look up regs anymore?

Wisco89

Newcomer
Jul 29, 2017
Haha I don’t think an Air Force Instruction manual would be relative at this facility. Also why is there a discussion portion of this site if douche canoes like yourself have to hate.

AlphaAlpha69

Rookie
Mar 29, 2015
New Mexico
The AFI, 80T or whatever the Army uses should have the procedures for traffic count. Each branch does it differently; however, they are all very similar. The FAA provides basic instructions to each branch about what they want recorded and the Military branches implement how to obtain that information in their respective ATC manuals.

Remember, it’s about how many Aircraft utilize services from the facility, not individual positions.