OTS Basics Academy Dates!

Roach

Rookie
Aug 4, 2009
Ft. Worth
Has anyone (OTS) heard anything about basics dates for the spring? I can't seem to get a hold of my rep. I'll leave the name anonymous. Anywho. Went to the March PEPC in Chicago. Told to look for a date after the first of the fiscal year, then late winter months and now it looks like everyone is waiting until atleast April. Anyone hear any other gouge. Sounds like a broken record i'm sure.

ladyatc

Newcomer
Aug 21, 2009
houston, then zdv area 4!
I've heard nothing but maybe this could be used as a thermometer...I'm OTS, feb NY PEPC, I start friday, dec 4th. I was told my class would start as soon as June 09...lol. Hope this is at least interesting.

Tommy10

Oct 8, 2008
Rockledge, FL
I was also at the NYC Pepc in Feb '09 and still waiting. I was most recently told April but who knows. I am wondering if I will ever get there.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
I was just told by H.R. that they don't have the new spring training schedules yet, and the number of classes have been reduced. She said to expect them late January 2010.

Roach

Rookie
Aug 4, 2009
Ft. Worth
Roger that! I appreciate the info. Guess I better hope for the best seeing how i've heard that before. Next thing you know it will be next fiscal year. If that happens you guys and gals will be one slot closer cause i'm heading back to the military.

BoomerSooner77

I am rubber, you're glue.
Oct 8, 2008
Plano, TX
Looks to me like all the training dates for 2010 have been published.

However, I am not one to spread any rumors, but I personally overheard a conversation that there was a meeting today regarding the need to cancel some more of the upcoming classes.

Here's the enroute basics schedule at least...

enickerson

Rookie
Jun 19, 2008
Roger that! I appreciate the info. Guess I better hope for the best seeing how i've heard that before. Next thing you know it will be next fiscal year. If that happens you guys and gals will be one slot closer cause i'm heading back to the military.
Never say "Roger THAT" at the academy!!! big No No!!! As far as a time line goes, I was in the FEB 08' selections (Pubnat 1) and I was in OKC by Oct 08'. So it seems like things have been taking a lot longer than a year or 2 ago. Don't get discouraged as the months go by, it eventually happens.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
Boomer, they just added those classes today. Let's hope they don't all get cancelled!