OTS Bid

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Well, it's out. It does ask several questions about actual ATC experience both military and civil. Also asks if you're reinstatement eligible. Biographic assessment asks all those weird "do you think of your self as: A, b, C, D, E" questions. Reminds me of my first go-around with the agency.

AlphaBravoh

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Posted all this stuff here.

Additionally PM me if anyone wants the additional BIO assessment crap.

Useless thread is useless.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Useless thread is posted in reinstatement forum for discussion amongst useless reinstatements. Move along, nothing to see here.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
One thing that's weird is that the announcement says you have to be specific down to the day with job experience but resume builder only submits month/year.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Yeah I don't get that. I might have to punch someone in the nuts if they use that to dq people.

C

charliezuluatc

What would be funny if you are dq between you submitted supporting paperwork other than veterans preference.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I am thinking (since reaching hr is probably impossible) that I might have to write in specific dates under the qualifications section. Its amazing the person setting the conditions has no idea how usajobs website works.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Yeah I was able to go back and resubmit my resume with dates. I doubt it'll matter, but damned if that wouldn't be the dumbest thing to get DQ'd on.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
My first proving my hire date and my last showing my exit date, pay scale and highest facility rating/CPC status.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
What I would like to know is if pay for former fpls is covered in the latest cba. I can't afford to take a position at ag pay like on bid. I'll be taking a bath leaving where I am now. Time to email some people.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Also who knows if faa is trying to get as much talent for the smallest price on this bid. Who knows we'll probably be back to old hiring by next year.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
I could suck up the pay for a little while but I'm more worried about being offered some shithole AT6 tower somewhere. That would be a slap in the face.

PhillyManlove

Dec 18, 2013
Philly
I could suck up the pay for a little while but I'm more worried about being offered some shithole AT6 tower somewhere. That would be a slap in the face.

What would be a slap in the face is... if you get a level 7 or 8 while that guy at the shithole 6 has been trying to err out of there to get the level 7 or 8....... it's all about perspective.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Did you voluntarily leave the agency and have since decided you want to return?
Yes. And before anyone blasts me about feeling entitled, I don't expect to get placed above CPC's looking to ERR up the chain. The truth in the agency is that not everyone wants to move up, and that many large facilities are badly understaffed. I would never expect to jump someone who's been waiting for years to move up.