OTS July 2017 Bid TIER 2

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
The problem is with the test.

“The MMPI-2 Generalizes

The main flaw in the MMPI 2 is that it generalizes. For instance, one of the questions is:

If you could be invisible when you wanted, would you go to the movies?

I answered no, which the test counted as a lie, because apparently everybody in the world would scam a free movie if they could. These such generalizations are a flaw of the test, because a person's personality can be easily mis-measured by using yes/no tick boxes.

There are several other examples of the MMPI-2 assuming too much based on a single question, but I have decided to not include any more questions in this article for ethical and copyright reasons. You'll have to take my word for it, or do your own research.”

I would have answered no. How can you even ask that. Sure most people would say yes but I don’t even enjoy movie theaters lol.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
The problem is with the test.

“The MMPI-2 Generalizes

The main flaw in the MMPI 2 is that it generalizes. For instance, one of the questions is:

If you could be invisible when you wanted, would you go to the movies?

I answered no, which the test counted as a lie, because apparently everybody in the world would scam a free movie if they could. These such generalizations are a flaw of the test, because a person's personality can be easily mis-measured by using yes/no tick boxes.

There are several other examples of the MMPI-2 assuming too much based on a single question, but I have decided to not include any more questions in this article for ethical and copyright reasons. You'll have to take my word for it, or do your own research.”

I would have answered no. How can you even ask that. Sure most people would say yes but I don’t even enjoy movie theaters lol.
I can think of way better things to do if I was invisible than go to a movie theater. Locker rooms for example.

I was Tier 2 when I got hired 5+ years ago. Upon finding out I was Tier 2, I started taking MMPI2 practice tests and read up on exactly how the test was scored.

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
I can think of way better things to do if I was invisible than go to a movie theater. Locker rooms for example.

I was Tier 2 when I got hired 5+ years ago. Upon finding out I was Tier 2, I started taking MMPI2 practice tests and read up on exactly how the test was scored.
Why did you start practicing for the MMPI if you already failed it? you don't retake it do you?

bman61490

Nov 5, 2016
you re-take the MMPI-2 plus multiple other questionnaires that equates to over 1500 multiple choice questions.

As for reasons you fail.. My tier 2 reviewer told me that I portrayed myself in to favorable of a light... AKA the test thought I was lying. The test is built to assume there is some sort of fault in everyone. To much "fault" and your flagged, to little "fault" and your also flagged.

Oh and PS. I am 693 days from when I applied in 2016 and I was the first wave of TOLs so don't get your hopes up. Hopefully things start moving faster but I wouldn't count on that.

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
does anyone have a link to the entire 567 question test?
I wanna say I took it here, I’m in mobile so I can’t test it MMPI-2: Take the MMPI personality test free online, long & short forms, gratis!
I also on the practice test got a score that said I was making myself too favorable and had to correct that to pass the real thing. Example: one question asks if you ever have an upset stomach more than once a week. You should answer yes even if it’s not true because that’s deemed as normal. On the first test I made myself seem like a healthy athlete, on the real test I made myself seem like an average out of shape guy. The website also tells you what kind of questions throw that off.

blue_skies

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2016
My understanding was we just had to meet with a psychiatrist and be evaluated 1 on 1 and not take a re-test.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
My understanding was we just had to meet with a psychiatrist and be evaluated 1 on 1 and not take a re-test.
At a minimum you have to re-take the MMPI-2 as well talk 1 on 1 with the psych. If you continue to "red flag" for other criteria, you then are subjected to further testing. That is my understanding of the process.

Alyssaa

Newcomer
Apr 4, 2018
I just did my Tier 2 last month and it was a six hour appointment where you have to retake the MMPI-2, take another type of personality test that is similar to the MMPI but a bit shorter, and also do an ink blot test with the psychologist. I'm from the Aug 2016 bid and found out about Tier 2 in November of 2017. So it took 6 months to get assigned to a psychologist and a month to get the appointment. She told me she would have everything from the evaluation sent in to DC by the end of this month and that there are only two psychologists there processing all of the Tier 2's, so to not count on getting a date/ going to the academy until Jan 2019.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I just did my Tier 2 last month and it was a six hour appointment where you have to retake the MMPI-2, take another type of personality test that is similar to the MMPI but a bit shorter, and also do an ink blot test with the psychologist. I'm from the Aug 2016 bid and found out about Tier 2 in November of 2017. So it took 6 months to get assigned to a psychologist and a month to get the appointment. She told me she would have everything from the evaluation sent in to DC by the end of this month and that there are only two psychologists there processing all of the Tier 2's, so to not count on getting a date/ going to the academy until Jan 2019.
Your Tier 2 psychologist was familiar with the FAA hiring process?

Alyssaa

Newcomer
Apr 4, 2018
She said some of the past students that went to the academy that she had to do the tier 2 with had reached out to her when they got their dates. So I think she was basing the timeline off of that.

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA

Damn, did you ever ask while waiting if you were tier two? I sent two emails and the second one got a reply. I wonder if I wasn't supposed to know I was tier two for a few more months lol.

Alyssaa

Newcomer
Apr 4, 2018
I didn't have to ask. About 6 weeks after my MMPI, I got the email from medical saying I was tier 2 status. So that was 8 months ago

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
If that is indeed correct, then maybe this bid's Tier 2 process won't take too long.
I received my Tier 2 notification 3 months after my MMPI. My appointment was assigned one week after my Tier 2 notification (which is next week). I think it's moving very fast. I just wonder how long after your appointment does it take to get all cleared and receive a class date.

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
I received my Tier 2 notification 3 months after my MMPI. My appointment was assigned one week after my Tier 2 notification (which is next week). I think it's moving very fast. I just wonder how long after your appointment does it take to get all cleared and receive a class date.

I’m sorry.... ~7 days ago you were notified. ~today you schedule your eval and it’s shheduled for ~7 days from now? I took my mmpi more than three months ago. Notified tier two a month ago and have heard nothing since.

For some reason I think failed mmpi app get stacked on a desk and every few days the stack gets knocked off the desk and someone just sweeps up the files and packs them back on the desk in what ever order they want lol