OTS July 2017 Bid TIER 2

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
I’m sorry.... ~7 days ago you were notified. ~today you schedule your eval and it’s shheduled for ~7 days from now? I took my mmpi more than three months ago. Notified tier two a month ago and have heard nothing since.

For some reason, I think failed MMPI app get stacked on a desk and every few days the stack gets knocked off the desk and someone just sweeps up the files and packs them back on the desk in whatever order they want lol
I was notified 6 days ago, to be exact. I got my appointment set up yesterday. And my appointment is in a week from today. I took my MMPI at the end of March. I think it also depends on the region. I heard the great lakes region takes the longest. But, you should email your medical analyst or give them a call. One thing I will say, everyone's timeline is different; I have read many threads and the dates and lag times are super inconsistent for each candidate.

I hope that once i have my appointment complete, there isn't a big lag time for the flight surgeon to clear my medical.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
I was notified 6 days ago, to be exact. I got my appointment set up yesterday. And my appointment is in a week from today. I took my MMPI at the end of March. I think it also depends on the region. I heard the great lakes region takes the longest. But, you should email your medical analyst or give them a call. One thing I will say, everyone's timeline is different; I have read many threads and the dates and lag times are super inconsistent for each candidate.

I hope that once i have my appointment complete, there isn't a big lag time for the flight surgeon to clear my medical.
Jealous of your timeline lol....Tomorrow marks 7 weeks since official notification of Tier 2.

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
Jealous of your timeline lol....Tomorrow marks 7 weeks since official notification of Tier 2.
I had my appointment today! And the evaluator said that I am all cleared. I passed the evaluation. I wonder what the next step is. Do you happen to know?

Also, it seems like everyone's timeline is so different. There are some applicants from the 2016 bid that still have not even gotten an Notification Letter like you have.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
I had my appointment today! And the evaluator said that I am all cleared. I passed the evaluation. I wonder what the next step is. Do you happen to know?

Also, it seems like everyone's timeline is so different. There are some applicants from the 2016 bid that still have not even gotten an Notification Letter like you have.
Your results get sent to DC and await approval from the flight surgeon. You are not technically "all cleared" but I would say OKC is now within reach.

The FS is the only one who can approve your medical clearance; I would say you are looking at about 2-3 months for that to happen.

Then you get the coveted phone call and your FOL.

Then you quit your current job and never look back on the life you once had.

Good luck!

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
What did the appointment consist of? Retake of MMPI or just meet with psychiatrist?
There are 3 questionnaires you have to take. The first one will be 330 questions. Then you have two consecutive questionnaires (567 questions & 194 questions). Following that, the evaluator (psychologist) will then and there review the results with you and have a conversation.

That's it. His/hers observations matter here.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
There are 3 questionnaires you have to take. The first one will be 330 questions. Then you have two consecutive questionnaires (567 questions & 194 questions). Following that, the evaluator (psychologist) will then and there review the results with you and have a conversation.

That's it. His/hers observations matter here.
Did you get the sense that the psych's recommendation carries a lot of weight with regard to the FS reviewing your file at the end and determining if you will get your medical clearance or not?

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
Did you get the sense that the psych's recommendation carries a lot of weight with regard to the FS reviewing your file at the end and determining if you will get your medical clearance or not?
100%. She even said it herself. She said that she was giving me the citing clearance I needed in order to get my final offer. LOL. As long as the flight analyst who views the file approves her comments.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
100%. She even said it herself. She said that she was giving me the citing clearance I needed in order to get my final offer. LOL. As long as the flight analyst who views the file approves her comments.
well that's good news haha.....was it a pretty laid back appointment? also what do you mean by "citing clearance" ?

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
well that's good news haha.....was it a pretty laid back appointment? also what do you mean by "citing clearance" ?
In other words, you are psychologically clear. I think what happened in my case was, I answered all the questions too good to be true.

It will be easy, just be patient with the questionnaire.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
In other words, you are psychologically clear. I think what happened in my case was, I answered all the questions too good to be true.

It will be easy, just be patient with the questionnaire.
Thing is I'm not really worried about retaking the MMPI or anything psychological. My background is pretty checkered to be honest which is why i asked if the psych's recommendation carries a lot of weight. I would be rather upset to make it through the tier 2 apt only to find out I've been denied a medical clearance by the FS lol.

Hopefully i'm just overthinking it and it will all work out!

sprint_2820

Newcomer
Mar 10, 2017
Thing is I'm not really worried about retaking the MMPI or anything psychological. My background is pretty checkered to be honest which is why i asked if the psych's recommendation carries a lot of weight. I would be rather upset to make it through the tier 2 apt only to find out I've been denied a medical clearance by the FS lol.

Hopefully i'm just overthinking it and it will all work out!
Stay positive, you'll be fine. Be genuine with the psych and you'll be cleared before you know it. However, be prepared for a long wait after the eval though, people on here have said 2-3 months... It took nearly nine before I heard anything. If yours clears before that, consider it lucky!

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
Any theories on how you were able to complete the appointment so quickly: Region? Nature of your MMPI results? Bugging your POC?
South east region (supposed to be the slowest). I feel as if it's different for everyone. I think positive and positive outcomes happen.

Cineo

Newcomer
Jan 15, 2017
I'm one month past my appointment. I got an appointment one week after being notified so I feel lucky about that. Great lakes region. Hopefully I hear something back soon.

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
I'm one month past my appointment. I got an appointment one week after being notified so I feel lucky about that. Great lakes region. Hopefully I hear something back soon.
Same here! I'm 1 month after my appointment. We sure got lucky.

There are some crazy stories about the Great Lakes and south east region.