OTS July 2017 Bid TIER 2

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
I received an e-mail to have a refresh drug test. I completed that on Friday. Does that mean I passed the Tier 2 Evaluation?

MelanieElyse

Newcomer
Feb 7, 2017
I received an e-mail to have a refresh drug test. I completed that on Friday. Does that mean I passed the Tier 2 Evaluation?
Probably, I got notice to do my refresh drug test the day before I got my class date. I assume they wouldn't have someone redo the drug test if they weren't getting pushed through.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jayrod

Rookie
Jan 2, 2018
Probably, I got notice to do my refresh drug test the day before I got my class date. I assume they wouldn't have someone redo the drug test if they weren't getting pushed through.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
YAY! Thank you very much. This was quite a fast process compared to other applicants from previous years.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
That makes a lot of sense. What is your status on Tier 2?
Still waiting on the Tier 2 appointment. However, I've basically given up at this point, I don't think I'm going to get a medical clearance with my background. I deeply regret decisions I made as a teenager but I can't go back in time, so I just have to let it go.

I'm deciding between an MBA or attedning Law School for the next step in my career. ATC (En Route) would've been really cool though, assuming I passed the academy.

ATCDURTCH

Newcomer
Dec 3, 2018
Congrats! I completed my TIER II apt. back in Aug. and have my fingers crossed that I’ll hear something soon! What was your time frame from your apt. to having to refresh your drug test?

throwawa

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2017
Still waiting on the Tier 2 appointment. However, I've basically given up at this point, I don't think I'm going to get a medical clearance with my background. I deeply regret decisions I made as a teenager but I can't go back in time, so I just have to let it go.

I'm deciding between an MBA or attedning Law School for the next step in my career. ATC (En Route) would've been really cool though, assuming I passed the academy.

When you say that people with past problems are being held up in the process longer than people who just failed the mmpi, that is just your opinion no? What makes you say that if not?

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
When you say that people with past problems are being held up in the process longer than people who just failed the mmpi, that is just your opinion no? What makes you say that if not?
Here's how i think of it:

We know how seriously the FAA takes basically anything that even mentions alcohol (you can throw in ADHD, depression, etc.).

It wouldn't be fair to someone who ONLY failed the MMPI to be held up in the process the same amount of time, if not longer, than someone who has a host of other "problems" on their record.

This is why it is important to constantly (every 2 weeks) ask you POC for updates on your file if you just got dinged for failing the MMPI. From what I've read those are the quickest Tier 2s.

Furthermore, the more issues you have on your file, the less likely it is you will be granted a medical clearance, so why would the FAA look at your file first? Again, not fair to more "deserving" applicants.

throwawa

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2017
Here's how i think of it:

We know how seriously the FAA takes basically anything that even mentions alcohol (you can throw in ADHD, depression, etc.).

It wouldn't be fair to someone who ONLY failed the MMPI to be held up in the process the same amount of time, if not longer, than someone who has a host of other "problems" on their record.

This is why it is important to constantly (every 2 weeks) ask you POC for updates on your file if you just got dinged for failing the MMPI. From what I've read those are the quickest Tier 2s.

Furthermore, the more issues you have on your file, the less likely it is you will be granted a medical clearance, so why would the FAA look at your file first? Again, not fair to more "deserving" applicants.
But, this is all just your theory based off reading threads and comments? By no means am I trying to be rude. What you say makes sense but would like to know if there is someone you know who can confirm this back of the list claim.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
But, this is all just your theory based off reading threads and comments? By no means am I trying to be rude. What you say makes sense but would like to know if there is someone you know who can confirm this back of the list claim.
I've also messaged a few people on here who made it through the Tier 2 process quickly, I'm talking received their psych appointment mere days after being notified of the Tier 2 status and they all had spotless records aside from failing the MMPI obviously.

I know I am still making an assumption but it makes sense to me.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
I think I saw yours previously Bayou.

I spoke to RC and he said that HW is starting to coordinate appointments again. Trying to figure out if anyone has been contacted or how recently people were notified they cleared tier 2.

Forums have been super quiet.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
You can't say they have if no one else is saying they've been contacted about setting appointments, right?

It does appear they've at least been pushing out people getting cleared.

Hopefully that means the rest of us will be contacted to coordinate soon as many of us have had packets with that office since September.

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
You can't say they have if no one else is saying they've been contacted about setting appointments, right?

It does appear they've at least been pushing out people getting cleared.

Hopefully that means the rest of us will be contacted to coordinate soon as many of us have had packets with that office since September.

They have.. the forms have been quite lol. When they emailed me about tier two i expected this to get busy but i never saw much happen

Edit: I was given a class date pretty quickly after i cleared medical.