OTS

Davidian

Mar 31, 2010
Don't you wanna know?
The three dreaded letters. Been hearing rumors of such a thing happening in the new year. Saying CTI isn't providing the FAA enough "Diversity". Bull crap if you ask me. And discrimination in itself. Anyone have some insight?

BreezyBeachLife

Trusted Contributor
Jan 23, 2013
ZKC
:p:p:p:p OTS! That's like letting just someone be a lawyer without going to law school to take the bar exam. I mean I'm sure my GF could make a great lawyer the way she always be arguing and shit but doesn't mean she's allowed to practice law. Then again, I don't need an OTS slot...But to reject people with qualifications to take a chance on someone who just scores high on a little test, is just ridiculous.

ATCboy26

Rookie
Nov 30, 2011
I think I'll have my wife apply...she's looking for work...I talk enough about ATC at home she should be able to ace that test lol

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
HR is going to work through its backlog of 800-900 TOLs first, and then maybe if there are enough retirements/promotions/firings/deaths sometime between January and September (and we don't save money by closing the Academy down again), there might be another bid open before FY14. There haven't been any OTS bids since 2009, and it's not like the federal government decided to put diversity in its workforce on hold in the meantime, so I'd say this rumor is most likely bullshit.

unable

Trusted Member
Jan 31, 2013
Over the Rainbow
Here we go again...

There no difference between OTS and CTI when they walk out the academy door. They all get the same training at the academy starting at step 1.

C

charliezuluatc

I think you have a better chance of a current Dallas Cowboy cheerleader dating you then OTS coming back in January.

FM_Weasel

Senior Analyst
Dec 9, 2008
OTS vs CTI supremacy debate aside, my totally unqualified opinion is that OTS will not return until the next mass retirement in 20-25 years. That is, assuming ATC still exists as we know it.

AlphaBravoh

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
OTS vs CTI supremacy debate aside, my totally unqualified opinion is that OTS will not return until the next mass retirement in 20-25 years. That is, assuming ATC still exists as we know it.

QFT... Stand by for space controllers!