Overseas DOD TRACON opportunities

strangle_parrot

Newcomer
Jun 15, 2008
Anyone know of any overseas DOD TRACON facilities that hire civilians? Preferably somewhere in Europe. Also can anyone give me advice on finding ATC employment in Europe? What is the European equivalent to the FAA and who does European ATC hiring? I'm an active duty controller with 6+ years of experience and have just gotten tired of not only the "American" way, but the Navy way of internet and online "education."

ATC@LWSK

Newcomer
Jun 21, 2008
Skopje, Macedonia
Anyone know of any overseas DOD TRACON facilities that hire civilians? Preferably somewhere in Europe. Also can anyone give me advice on finding ATC employment in Europe? What is the European equivalent to the FAA and who does European ATC hiring? I'm an active duty controller with 6+ years of experience and have just gotten tired of not only the "American" way, but the Navy way of internet and online "education."
Since Europe is not a country, but rather a continent, there is no equivalent to the FAA. There is JAA (Joint Aviation Authority) but they do all sorts of things that do not include hiring of ATC-ers. Most of ATC-ers in Europe (again, a CONTINENT, not a country) :) are hired by their local Civil Aviation Authorities or Companies that provide ATC in their country. Note that some of the countries have privatized ATC providers (Swiss for example). There's an organization called EUROCONTROL that among many other things, provide ATC services, but they only provide Upper Area Control Service for Belgium, Luxembourg, part of Germany and part of the Netherlands, and the Center is located in Maastricht. No terminal positions there :(

Perhaps what you can do is contact the ATC providers for every country you're interested in, send them your r?sum?, and take it from there. You can easily find all the email addresses needed, just do a search on the internet.
Hope this helps,

ATC@LWSK

rogervisual

Newcomer
Jun 24, 2008
England
atc@lwsk basically summed up the situation over here in Europe. What also is happening is that we are having our national licences changed into a European Licence. Which should mean i could work anywhere in Europe, but in reality although English is the avaition language ,i doubt i would get a job unless i spoke the local language of the that country. They have recently implemented a language english test and you have to be at level 4 i believe (which is only
basic day to day level). :)