Part Time Work Experience

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
"1. TO QUALIFY BASED ON PROGRESSIVELY RESPONSIBLE WORK EXPERIENCE: applicants must document 3 years of full time (40 hours per week) progressively responsible experience. Most types of paid or unpaid employment will provide progressively responsible experience as the individual doing the work learns about the organization, gains knowledge about the work, and demonstrates responsibility."

-So part time doesn't count?

Edit: I just talked to aviation careers, they said that Part time DOES count when combining education and schooling, with a minimum of 20hrs./week. The lady said to list all part time experience and supervisor information!

Last edited:

PhillyManlove

Dec 18, 2013
Philly
"1. TO QUALIFY BASED ON PROGRESSIVELY RESPONSIBLE WORK EXPERIENCE: applicants must document 3 years of full time (40 hours per week) progressively responsible experience. Most types of paid or unpaid employment will provide progressively responsible experience as the individual doing the work learns about the organization, gains knowledge about the work, and demonstrates responsibility."

-So part time doesn't count?

um...

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
It says for work experience it must be 40hrs.
But for education and Work experience it does not state if it has to be full time?
That sucks I've been working part time through out all my schooling, and just now got promoted to full time.
I'm still going to apply, sigh.

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
The AVIATOR application says something else: Part-time work is prorated in crediting experience. For example, working 20 hours per week for a 12-month period will be credited with 6 months experience.

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
The AVIATOR application says something else: Part-time work is prorated in crediting experience. For example, working 20 hours per week for a 12-month period will be credited with 6 months experience.
Does it say that when you start the application?
I am going to call the number on the announcement, and post a solid answer later.

cdubya

Rookie
Jan 4, 2014
And what about the "DAY" of employment...did you guys just upload your own resume since USAJOBS won't allow a specific day to be included?

dontjudgememnky

Newcomer
Mar 12, 2013
In AVIATOR, that question is for full-time only. The subsequent question refers to part-time and/or college credits.

So unless you have three years of FULL TIME work, the answer should be no to the full-time question.

cdubya

Rookie
Jan 4, 2014
I spoke to Aviation Careers, they advised to include it as part of the duties and responsibilities, ie: "Dates of Employment - January 1, 2010 to Present". . I was told all resumes will actually be read by a person and not a computer.

JNev

Sep 17, 2012
Baltimore/Philly
I spoke to Aviation Careers, they advised to include it as part of the duties and responsibilities, ie: "Dates of Employment - January 1, 2010 to Present". . I was told all resumes will actually be read by a person and not a computer.
And they'll do that in 5 days? Hmmmm.. Kinda dobnt that

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
And they'll do that in 5 days? Hmmmm.. Kinda dobnt that
Pretty sure the 5-day thing is just to let you know if you made it past the initial screen. They will almost certainly have to have another round of reviews to figure out who to send to OKC.