Pay General Questions

antoneaux

Rookie
Jun 26, 2015
Los Angeles
So I've looked through the forums and couldn't find this info. Sorry if I overlooked it.

My questions are this:

1. Do we get paid the per diem, ON TOP of the 20k +/- that's listed on the FOL?
2. How often do we get per diem, and is it direct deposited?

alpharomeo9911

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2015
Charlotte, NC
So I've looked through the forums and couldn't find this info. Sorry if I overlooked it.

My questions are this:

1. Do we get paid the per diem, ON TOP of the 20k +/- that's listed on the FOL?
2. How often do we get per diem, and is it direct deposited?
1- Yes, you will get paid both as long as you are paying out of pocket. If you use the FAA credit card I believe the per diem goes to that...

2-1 time per month... depending on your class date, you may get it 2-3 weeks in.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Iirc don't you submit your first per diem after 1 month and then it's every 15 days? Or was it the first one after 15 days and then every 30 days?

Dec 11, 2015
I have a quick question for you guys:

I know the FAA will pay for your plane ticket, but I really want to take my car. I live in NJ (i know, it's a 21hr drive). It's almost 1443 miles, will the FAA pay the $0.56 per mile? or will they only pay for the amount the plane ticket would have cost?

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
I have a quick question for you guys:

I know the FAA will pay for your plane ticket, but I really want to take my car. I live in NJ (i know, it's a 21hr drive). It's almost 1443 miles, will the FAA pay the $0.56 per mile? or will they only pay for the amount the plane ticket would have cost?
They pay the cheaper of the two. Coming from New Jersey where you have a number of large airports readily available I would imagine that the cost of the plane ticket will be cheaper than driving so more than likely that is what you will get.

alpharomeo9911

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2015
Charlotte, NC
They pay the cheaper of the two. Coming from New Jersey where you have a number of large airports readily available I would imagine that the cost of the plane ticket will be cheaper than driving so more than likely that is what you will get.
I second what @Purplelobj says. I drove 18 hours from charlotte nc and got 290 dollars. Oh well..

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Why not, you will be working 16 hours out of 25 once you get in the agency with quick turns.... at least driving is a mindless activity.
You mean 16 out of 24 hours. You only need 8 hours between a day and mid.
I guess you need some overlap, I used to do a schedule from 5:45am-1:45pm. Then 10pm-6am.
So 16 out of 24.25 hours.

Dec 11, 2015
Why not, you will be working 16 hours out of 25 once you get in the agency with quick turns.... at least driving is a mindless activity.
I feel like after the first 10 hours of driving, my leg would probably start falling asleep, my ass cheeks all sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy... craving mom's spaghetti