Pensacola Tracon - P31

ATCBOY

Trusted Member
Jun 16, 2008
Screwston
Anybody have any information on Pensacola Tracon aka P31? A buddy of mine from the Air Force is in OKC right now on his way there next week. He's trying to talk me into coming but I havn't heard anything about the place. Any info would be helpful..

TitanD4

Newcomer
Jul 13, 2009
Check out this blog... THE FLYING PENGUIN. It's written by a guy that is training at P31. There are some pretty interesting stories he has on there about the airspace and what training has been like for him

SSgt Young

StuckMic Marine Corps Liaison
Jan 21, 2010
Arizona
Is Pcola hurting for bodies? I would love to be there. My wife works at Washington High School and i'm stationed on the west coast looking to get out.

gmanatc97

Rookie
May 3, 2010
Montgomery AL
I am a controller at Daytona and I heard that the tower is looking for a few more controllers. Whats the staffing level like for the TRACON? Any possabilities for a move from the tower to the TRACON?

Ramstar13

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Mexico City
i know a guy who washed out on clearance delivery at my facility and got sent there, YES, he washed out on CD! He said "im just gonna do a quick touch and go at pensacola the go to ATL." This guy washed out on CD, i guarantee he doesnt make it there at Pen.

nolebowler

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
I am a controller at Daytona and I heard that the tower is looking for a few more controllers. Whats the staffing level like for the TRACON? Any possabilities for a move from the tower to the TRACON?
Tracon is pretty full on people only accepting a few more people. The move from the tower to the tracon is an easy one though. The tower is still way below numbers, losing 3 CPCS and possibly a 4th and only getting 2 people in.

nolebowler

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
i know a guy who washed out on clearance delivery at my facility and got sent there, YES, he washed out on CD! He said "im just gonna do a quick touch and go at pensacola the go to ATL." This guy washed out on CD, i guarantee he doesnt make it there at Pen.
where ya from?

gmanatc97

Rookie
May 3, 2010
Montgomery AL
I might be heading to the tower, whats the working conditions like? I guess I can look up the hours of operation for the tower and all that, but I would like to know from people that already work there and get a heads up on anything. We have some Sups here at DAB that can really ruin you day, month, or year so anything like that there?

STLATCER

Aug 13, 2009
Anyone currently working at PNS Tracon, I am trying to get redirected there and am curious what the manning is like and what the working conditions are like. I am currently working fo the DoD and would love to come there.

Marci52e

Newcomer
Dec 13, 2010
Looks like I'm joining the party in Pensacola! July 14th Class date and should be there at the end of August... Any advice on where I should look for house to rent or areas I should stay away from?