Pensacola Tracon - P31

HiDef

Rookie
Feb 9, 2010
DSM
Anyone working at PNS have updated insight on staffing levels? I've worked 5 years now at VPS RAPCON (adjacent, east) and go terminal leave in a few months. Would love to stay in the panhandle, but everyone I've spoken to that's applied VRA has had zero luck with Florida referrals. Thoughts?

Thanks

STLATCER

Aug 13, 2009
Anybody have any current info about the facility, staffing needs or how the facility is to work at... Thanks in advance

secret69

Rookie
May 28, 2009
P31
Pop me a PM.
who is this?

p31 has been/is a country club for all intended purposes. normal 1 hour on 1 hour off mon-fri, sat sun 2-3 times on position. management is pretty tame at the moment but word is current atm is retiring soon and whoever we get god knows how that's gonna play out. staffing was at a all time low about 4 months ago since then we got 4 transfers and 2 nest washouts from center thus we finally got trainees again. last i head err list got pulled and 3 more are slotted to come. best bet would be come visit and talk to cliff (facrep) and the atm (currently steve) i know we are looking for people with radar tickets and fast release dates not gonna wait around on someone 2 years... as far as the tracon 3 banks with 3 scopes each c/o times vary from 6 months to 2+ years depending on skill level. if anyone has any other questions ask away ...

DB

Romeo_Echo

Aug 17, 2015
FL
I'm going to the academy this fall for en route. I currently live in Navarre and would like to end up back here eventually, the sooner the better. Can anyone say what staffing is like? Do you guys take newbies? Is it possible to transfer from Center to TRACON?

DaOsprey

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2014
If you like easy military :p:p:p:p:p this is the place to be. NAS Pensacola has all the new sailors and Marines coming out of boot. Beyond that it should be a 10 not a 9.

Romeo_Echo

Aug 17, 2015
FL
Nah, I'll pass on those... just separated from 10 yrs of active duty. I just want to live on the water in Gulf Breeze and keep my boat and bote

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
If you like easy military :p:p:p:p:p this is the place to be. NAS Pensacola has all the new sailors and Marines coming out of boot. Beyond that it should be a 10 not a 9.
Why would it be a 10? It's counterpart is Corpus Christi, which is a 9 up/down.
If you worked tower too I could see it being a 10, but not without.

JDMengel

Newcomer
May 8, 2017
Sharpsburg, GA
5/18/17 - I am a 14 year veteran controller (Military, TLH, GSP, HQ - Air Traffic Safety Oversight Service (AOV) and I am looking to get back into the operation. P31 has always been on my list of facilities to work at...what is the current environment like at P31?