Pepc ?

MichBeau

Newcomer
Jun 20, 2008
Connecticut
Hopefully going to the NYC PEPC 2nd week of July. Has anyone gone to PEPC and not gotten a TOL? Anyone gotten a TOL and then not gotten hired? I am very nervous about getting a TOL and then getting it recinded due to my recent credit problems :(

:banghead:

Chuck3too3

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
Mitch, I am going to PEPC on the 23rd of July. I am pretty curious as to what to expect also. I believe that it is going to be something like the MEPS for the military. It is the initial inprocessing that you go through before you go to basic training. A lot of sitting around until your interview, then the medical and so on. Good post. What is a TOL?

gear_goes_down

Newcomer
Jun 19, 2008
I'm going to a PEPC on July 23rd as well. It's about time I've applied a year ago!!

Oh, and this is funny to.... I took the ATSAT test and passed with a good score and a few weeks later they turned me down saying I’m not qualified for the position. And not to sound big headed or anything but I'm currently a flight instructor (flying almost everyday) and here all of the crap they hire, at least I have an aviation background. Oh, and the most funny thing I’ve encountered was with a student pilot and he was talking to a “student controller”!! Hilarious!!

Anyways, to continue, about 3 months or so after they turned my down they sent me an email inviting me to a pepc! We will just see what happens (I really want it)!! Good luck to all!

Chuck3too3

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
You would be surprised at how often you are talking to a "student controller". Especially anywhere around a military base. 75% of the time it is a trainee controller working the position....monitored of course by a certified controller...

kycontroller

Jun 17, 2008
Or if it is really early and the supervisor is later, you may still be talking to a trainee! Right Chuck?!

Chuck3too3

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
KY, I guess in that situation you could, maybe, possibly be talking to a trainee but I don't know who in their right mind would open the facility with a three level :willy:.... when do you go to afghan????? you want MO's address? He's there now....

Max Power

Jun 16, 2008
what if its a really good 3 level and i drank too much the night before? its not like planes call you that early anyways.

RogerRoger

Newcomer
Jun 21, 2008
USA
I'm going to a PEPC on July 23rd as well. It's about time I've applied a year ago!!

Oh, and this is funny to.... I took the ATSAT test and passed with a good score and a few weeks later they turned me down saying I’m not qualified for the position. And not to sound big headed or anything but I'm currently a flight instructor (flying almost everyday) and here all of the crap they hire, at least I have an aviation background. Oh, and the most funny thing I’ve encountered was with a student pilot and he was talking to a “student controller”!! Hilarious!!

Anyways, to continue, about 3 months or so after they turned my down they sent me an email inviting me to a pepc! We will just see what happens (I really want it)!! Good luck to all!

Don't go off the info in the ASAP is what I found. It said I wasn't selected for an interview........after I had the interview. It said I didn't get selected to take the AT-SAT..........then got an email to take it.

If you get hired your going to have fun. The first 5 weeks are Air Traffic Basics consists of what I'll compare to Private Pilot Ground. It can be a little dry for the pilot types.

bousquetr

Newcomer
Jun 30, 2008
I completed my PEPC in Dallas back in April and it was a pretty easy process. Compared to what a lot of my friends have gone through it was actually a lot better. They told us there that there is something like a 99% hire rate from the PEPC.

We basically showed up, did an interview with a random facility manager after which we were given a tentative offer and for most people they found out what facility they were actually going to. I'm not sure about that because I had already received 2 pre-offers to different facilities, but it was really straightforward. After that, we did our security form which is basically an electronic version of the paper form they wanted filled out before we left. They want it filled out so you can transcribe all the information as fast as possible. Then it was the first time we pee'd in the cup at the FAA building. After that it was off to the doctor where we got to pee again and do the physical. It's just like any physical you would receive from a flight surgeon in Air Force. Finally we returned and did a 400 or so question Psych test. After that we all got to speak with the HR people one last time to schedule class dates and accept the tentative offer from before and discuss incentive programs and things.

I arrived at 8 am and finished by 2:30 so it was a really fast although the FAA people running it said it noramlly can take until 5pm. Either way, it was really fast and easy with no lag time from mailing and faxing all the information to the HR people in OKC. 3 weeks later I got my firm offer letter from the FAA and that was about it. A long day but really worth it in the end, it is very structured and it's hard to miss a step this way.

meatasaurusx

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2008
Chi-town
Illinois Terminal. I am pretty sure it will be somewhere in the chicago area though. you flying out to get here or do you live near chicago?

GQ007

Rookie
Jun 19, 2008
NYC
I've been confirmed for the NYC PEPC on the 10th....I'm just waiting for final e-mail with my start time info

Stan Marsh

Jun 18, 2008
The Desert
Illinois Terminal. I am pretty sure it will be somewhere in the chicago area though. you flying out to get here or do you live near chicago?
Nah I'm flying out on the 12th to make sure I'm there. I haven't received a confirmation as to where the exact location is, though. It shouldn't be too bad finding a hotel wherever. I'll be pulling my "airline employee" discount card. :)