Per Diem for Housing

ljrepp17

Newcomer
Jun 29, 2012
Hello Everyone! I will be attending the Academy soon and was wondering if anyone could help me out on some clarity. I have a cousin out there and am wondering if i stayed with him and paid nothing hypothetically am i able to pocket the per diem? Or do we have to prove our housing expenses?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
You have to turn in a receipts. Not really worth getting fired for by defrauding your future employer

UNDgrad06

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Peachtree City, GA
I believe the housing has to be available somewhere online. I know people who have rented out rooms found through Craigslist or whatever. They might want to see some kind of proof of that plus maybe a rental agreement and receipts but that would be pretty easy to put together. Basically you can't just stay with a family member but if the family member had a room to rent on Craigslist and it looked legit then it's fair game

FCI

Feb 24, 2015
Hello Everyone! I will be attending the Academy soon and was wondering if anyone could help me out on some clarity. I have a cousin out there and am wondering if i stayed with him and paid nothing hypothetically am i able to pocket the per diem? Or do we have to prove our housing expenses?
If you are not staying in commercial housing, you get ~$60/day for meals & incidentals, nothing for lodging.