Perforated Eardrum

Beedub5

Newcomer
Jun 24, 2020
Doc,

I am an ATC applicant and my right ear drum is permanently perforated. It causes no issues or hearing loss and I’ve had it since I was a kid. I had tubes in my ears as a kid and then it perforated after an infection when the tubes were out. I just got out of the Air Force after 6 years of controlling and they seemed to not have an issue with it. They offered to do surgery to patch it but I declined due to the fact that I hear fine and have no issues. Should I foresee any issues getting my class 2?

emp121085

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2020
Dearest Beedub5,

As far as ATC goes....you should be fine. Hell let's face it. Nobody here is actually qualified for anything other than STAABING a muhfuggah in the back. Ooohhh...ouch.

I would however be more concerned with your everyday regular hearing. For instance if somebody asks you a yes or know question, such as "Hey Beedub5, do you feel the same way about owls as I do?", you should be able to recognize that it's a yes or no, non "gray" area question. Failure to answer in the traditional yes or no fashion leads to unnecessary confusion as well as cutlery beings used in non-traditional methods down at the golf course. You you go on and beyou..... congrats on your guys new home btw. I'll go ahead and be homeless down here in Bakersfield because imME and actually thought that you believed in this gypsy nonsense. Fucking bitch.