Phone Call from the FAA

LIVE4ATC

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2014
I got the green check mark on the BQ. Is getting a phone call from the FAA bad? I got a phone call today. Does it mean you're going to be disqualified and get the red exclamation?

kemikal12

Feb 27, 2014
did you send in your transcript if you said yes to enough experienced based off of schooling? if not, thats most likely why they called.

cgabriel7110

Jan 17, 2014
Earth
I would call them back and see what they want. Most likely they want some information that you didn't attach on your application. Don't sweat it.

klodabest

Newcomer
Feb 22, 2014
LOL, another joke. Clearly stated to have all necessary paperwork in. Should be disqualified if you did not

freshav8tor

Trusted Contributor
Jul 19, 2009
I got the green check mark on the BQ. Is getting a phone call from the FAA bad? I got a phone call today. Does it mean you're going to be disqualified and get the red exclamation?
Well what did they want lol?

ColdAilment

May 26, 2012
LOL, another joke. Clearly stated to have all necessary paperwork in. Should be disqualified if you did not
Immediately disqualified if you do not "pass" the bio. They are able to work with you should your application/resume be incomplete. Fascinating stuff.

titans83

Mar 9, 2009
Antioch, TN
My friend hasn't been DQed yet (only one out of 6 people I know that applied) and she got a call.. they wanted an updated resume and a copy of her college transcripts.

LIVE4ATC

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2014
Well what did they want lol?
They wanted the college transcript from where I got my degree from

Immediately disqualified if you do not "pass" the bio. They are able to work with you should your application/resume be incomplete. Fascinating stuff.
I just read through the announcement details again and states basically that documents are required to verify certain claims like college education. It doesn't mean it's required on the application the day the announcement closed. I guess what was looked at was your BQ and application to determine if you got the red or the green. Your BQ, application, and the resume are all that's on AVIATOR

poptop

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
The call back happened today to one of the guys I know that got the "Green Check". The Feds wanted transcripts and him to update his resume to show more work experience.

cdubya

Rookie
Jan 4, 2014
Didn't the FAA require these documents to be submitted prior to the closing date? And to be detailed in work experience on your resume? I believe they specifically mentioned that applications could be thrown out if they were incomplete. How would you edit all this information or provide it at a later time after the announcement closed? Were people waiting to be asked for it?

SierraBravo

Nov 22, 2011
The call back happened today to one of the guys I know that got the "Green Check". The Feds wanted transcripts and him to update his resume to show more work experience.
Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait......

How is this even legal? What you are saying here is that some people who were found "eligible" didn't even meet the minimum requirements, and now HR is TELLING people to add more work experience to meet the requirements? Meanwhile people like me, who attached every freaking document I could think of to support my resume and have PLENTY of education/experience were deemed "ineligible"???????? WHAT??????????

Feb 28, 2014
Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait......

How is this even legal? What you are saying here is that some people who were found "eligible" didn't even meet the minimum requirements, and now HR is TELLING people to add more work experience to meet the requirements? Meanwhile people like me, who attached every freaking document I could think of to support my resume and have PLENTY of education/experience were deemed "ineligible"???????? WHAT??????????
Exactly.

Eisenburger

Rookie
Feb 28, 2014
We lost out on jobs to someone who wasn't even eligible to take the bioq in the first place? Now HR is intentionally telling him to falsify information on his application? Just when I thought my level of disgust with the organization couldn't get any worse.

corn4ahead

Oct 3, 2012
Guys, there more than likely was not a glitch. It worked the way they wanted to. The only problem is that the BQ probably weeded out way more than they thought. So glitch..no. Unintended results.. Probably.

Josh

Jan 3, 2011
Everyone calm down, you're all blowing this way out of proportion. I got a phone call on Friday also asking for an updated resume and college transcripts. I met the minimum requirements initially, they just wanted to verify the combination of college credits and work experience.

kas2686

Jan 17, 2011
CA
Everyone calm down, you're all blowing this way out of proportion. I got a phone call on Friday also asking for an updated resume and college transcripts. I met the minimum requirements initially, they just wanted to verify the combination of college credits and work experience.
Sounds like you got in. So take your "everyone calm down" elsewhere. Disabled vets with 10 years experience ACTUALLY DOING THE JOB got rejected while people who can't follow simple directions and apparently don't even have the minimum qualifications got the green light.