Phone Call from the FAA

deano

Mar 21, 2012
This is a serious Low blow on top of the catastrophe that is this hiring process.lol I feel for everyone who didn't make it through and definitely those who actually had everything ready the FIRST time.
Lifes a bitch though, can't hate the players...Well except for the self righteous jerks on here...lol

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
College transcripts weren't requested before the bq. They need that after you get accepted. Why is everyone shocked that hr is calling for more paperwork? Lol

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008
College transcripts weren't requested before the bq. They need that after you get accepted. Why is everyone shocked that hr is calling for more paperwork? Lol
Here's another one that didn't read the fine print... "Trainer, I didn't realize I needed 3 miles between the two RJs. It wasn't listed in the .65!"

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
So everyone actuality went to their school, paid for their transcripts, uploaded them into a pdf file and submitted them? You're kidding.

They want OFFICIAL transcripts. Not a copy. You'll see that when you get accepted you'll have to mail those in. You know the ones with your school's seal

deano

Mar 21, 2012
So everyone actuality went to their school, paid for their transcripts, uploaded them into a pdf file and submitted them? You're kidding.

They want OFFICIAL transcripts. Not a copy. You'll see that when you get accepted you'll have to mail those in
Yes. I did this. And they said scanning in an official copy was acceptable. I believe it is in the FAA FAQ..

SierraBravo

Nov 22, 2011
But just to play along, yes, I got an "official" copy from my school - the one with the pretty watermark - scanned it into my computer, and attached it. Just for the hell of it, I also attached my "unofficial" e-copy. I also attached a copy of my letter of recommendation I received from a training manager at an ARTCC. I also listed every ATC class I took, my 100 AT-SAT score from April 2013, and my 6 years of aviation work history.

Never got looked at because a 62 question Biographical Questionnaire decided I am not a good candidate.

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.

They want OFFICIAL transcripts. Not a copy. You'll see that when you get accepted you'll have to mail those in
Man, some of you guys really didn't read this at all. It's really frustrating.

"REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Applicants who are using education as a qualifier must submit a copy of the official/unofficial transcripts to substantiate all credit hours and/or confer date."

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008

They want OFFICIAL transcripts. Not a copy. You'll see that when you get accepted you'll have to mail those in. You know the ones with your school's seal
I highly doubt they've changed the requirement to a sealed transcript with your application...

kemikal12

Feb 27, 2014
Because some of these "eligible" candidates do not currently meet the minimum job requirements. They are being asked to add more work history and/or prove education credits. Seeing as how HR doesn't even have enough candidates left to fill all the positions as it is, they are in no position to be DQ'ing people, even though they should be.

Even if all 2,200 of these people score a 70 on the AT-SAT, they will be hired. The BQ eliminated all competition.

View attachment 1630

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you think this is really the case when they preparing more bids?

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
So 2 associates degrees don't qualify? I thought 3 years of school or work was enough. 25 months of work and 11 months of school qualify you. You believe that guy?

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
So 2 associates degrees don't qualify? I thought 3 years of school or work was enough. 25 months of work and 11 months of school qualify you. You believe that guy?
Who are you talking to? You're not making a whole lot of sense. 3 years of work or school were enough, or a combination thereof. Part time was weighted at 1/2 that of full time work. What exactly are you asking?

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
How many years of school dos it take to get 2 associates degrees?

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
@ stusel So isn't that enough to qualify? The guy said he has 2 associated degrees. And 25 months of part time, or 12 months for you muy friend. That's enough time.

Shelly40

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2014
All I can say is, I am glad I was hired by the FAA 27 years ago.......

So glad I'm not dealing with this stuff......

Good Luck everyone......

asbresnick

Newcomer
Feb 11, 2014
We lost out on jobs to someone who wasn't even eligible to take the bioq in the first place? Now HR is intentionally telling him to falsify information on his application? Just when I thought my level of disgust with the organization couldn't get any worse.
Keep in mind you are believing a supposed second-hand post on the internet. It was just a few days ago where people were posting how there was a mistake in the process and there was going to be a big meeting about fixing it...yeah, that never happened.

Moral of the story: don't believe everything you read on the internet.

EDIT: Just got to the point in the thread where someone posted the Facebook conversation. Could still be a farse, but, if true, that's just ridiculous.