Phone Call from the FAA

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Keep in mind you are believing a supposed second-hand post on the internet. It was just a few days ago where people were posting how there was a mistake in the process and there was going to be a big meeting about fixing it...yeah, that never happened.

Moral of the story: don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Exactly that's what I'm saying. Don't believe enough that you see. And how can anyone lose a job they don't even have yet.

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
@ stusel So isn't that enough to qualify? The guy said he has 2 associated degrees. And 25 months of part time, or 12 months for you muy friend. That's enough time.
Again, to which user are you even referring? I have no clue who you're talking about who said he has 2 associate degrees.

If you met the experience or school requirements, as this person does -- whoever it is, you "qualify" under the job requirements. However, if you don't pass the BQ, then you are automatically disqualified. That's it.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
Again, to which user are you even referring? I have no clue who you're talking about who said he has 2 associate degrees.

If you met the experience or school requirements, as this person does -- whoever it is, you "qualify" under the job requirements. However, if you don't pass the BQ, then you are automatically disqualified. That's it.

Don't worry about it then. Someone else got it.

Josh

Jan 3, 2011
I can't believe I need to do this again, but here it is

"Based upon your responses to the Biographical Assessment, we have determined that you are NOT eligible for this position as a part of the current vacancy announcement.

The biographical assessment measures ATCS job applicant characteristics that have been shown empirically to predict success as an air traffic controller in the FAA. These characteristics include factors such as prior general and ATC-specific work experience, education and training, work habits, academic and other achievements, and life experiences among other factors."

According to my application status, the BQ (or BA, whatever it is) predicted my success as an air traffic controller based on all sorts of things, not just my answers to the 60 questions at the end.
Yeah but the BQ was obviously weighted more heavily. And it worked IMO because here you are getting all worked up about it, shows how easily stressed you are.

Josh

Jan 3, 2011
So everyone actuality went to their school, paid for their transcripts, uploaded them into a pdf file and submitted them? You're kidding.

They want OFFICIAL transcripts. Not a copy. You'll see that when you get accepted you'll have to mail those in. You know the ones with your school's seal
Sorry, that's not true. When HR called he said unofficial.

Pdubs

Rookie
Sep 10, 2012
Key word in the job description regarding attaching documents - MAY....you are not automatically DQ'd for not attaching

georgie

Newcomer
Jul 25, 2013
L.A.
Non of this makes sense. I'm a vet with ratings and over 4 years experience with an associates degree. I was disqualified. five other vets i know of, with CTOs, were disqualified. I didn't attach transcripts, but I did attach my airmen certs and CTO. That should be more than enough. I guess not. The thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was that generic DQ reply. I think they have a lot of nerve to say that they "predict" that i wont be successful as an Air Traffic Controller within the FAA. Really?? Military ATC has to be far more complicated than the FAA. Less than half of my mixed fixed wing, faster movers, and Helo VFR/IFR traffic was on a straight, just saying. I wish they would asked me about my .65 knowledge, but I guess that's to logical.

RFDATM

Trusted Contributor
Nov 27, 2009
IL
This is not what the "not eligible" means at all. Based on the studies/documentation regarding the BQ, those 10% selected to move on to ATSAT have a greater probability of being successful at CPC certification than the 90% not selected. This is much different than saying you are not qualified to be or become a CPC.

georgie

Newcomer
Jul 25, 2013
L.A.
This is not what the "not eligible" means at all. Based on the studies/documentation regarding the BQ, those 10% selected to move on to ATSAT have a greater probability of being successful at CPC certification than the 90% not selected. This is much different than saying you are not qualified to be or become a CPC.
I don't think you've actually seen this DQ response. it says nothing about 10% blah blah. "The biographical assessment measures ATCS applicant characteristics that have shown empirically to predict success as an air traffic controller in the FAA. "

corn4ahead

Oct 3, 2012
Yes, still received. Just called HR. They are so clueless lol. All they said is that green check means you passed and you will be contacted soon to take the AT SAT. Grrrrrrr.....

She said they have not a clue when that will be.

AK02

Apr 8, 2012
Ok. I was scrolling through some other threads and saw that some people had it changed to reviewed.
Ive seen that too, but don't think it was ever verified. Ie pic or something. I know I've called (multiple times) and they looked me up by name and verified I passed. Still have the received so who knows.

kemikal12

Feb 27, 2014
Someone on this forum stated That all people who score 70 or above on the AT SAT will most likely be given a chance to go to the academy... is that somewhat true?

h4xit

Trusted Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Considering that there is a rumored 1300 spots for FY15, then an estimated pass rate on the (old) AT-SAT of 85%, and probably a handful of people that can't get clearances, seems like your chances are pretty decent.

corn4ahead

Oct 3, 2012
Titanman, although I respect your opinion, I do believe that you are putting those of us lucky enough to make it through down. Maybe, just maybe we passed for a reason and maybe it has been reviewed. Just because your multiple (unproven) sources tell you they haven't, then we can't take anything you say seriously.

toodarnedold

Newcomer
Mar 10, 2013
"TO QUALIFY BASED UPON EDUCATION: applicants must document a full 4-year course of study leading to a Bachelor's degree. Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. If qualifying based on education, applicants must submit a copy of the transcript which includes the name of the institution, quarter or semester hours earned and/or confer date."
FYI, I read that as saying that transcripts were only needed if you were using your education as your eligibility - if you were using work experience or one of the alternate MQs, you didn't need to submit transcripts with the original application. I knew they would end up asking for them, though, and thought they could conceivably be assigning points based on how MANY of the sections you qualify under, so I went ahead and treated each eligibility option as though I were using it to qualify.

I imagine a lot of the phone calls are to get documentation on 'backup' MQs. I also think they're probably going to try very, very hard to work with any candidates who are obviously strong choices - prior experience, CTI, aviation background - and make sure they get points for everything they possibly can. Of course, to do that, they have to do it for everyone...

Josh

Jan 3, 2011
People that got a phone call for more documents - was there something specific they told you to put as the subject?

devildogz0311

Rookie
Jan 29, 2012
I have a green check mark, but never have gotten a phone call. However, I did upload all of my official transcripts, and made sure I had hours on my resume for my full time jobs. So I guess my application was complete.