pilot broadcasts obscene rant with stuck mic

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Let this be a lesson to all you new ATCs out there.
On the ATC headset, there is a little circle on the lower unit, with a slot in it. Use a small flathead screwdriver and turn that slot so that the pickle doesn't lock.

Nick

Jun 14, 2008
Down Yonderville, TX
Let this be a lesson to all you new ATCs out there.
On the ATC headset, there is a little circle on the lower unit, with a slot in it. Use a small flathead screwdriver and turn that slot so that the pickle doesn't lock.
Was just about to say that!

Only thing this pilot should of been retrained on is how to operate his mic.

aaronavtr

Trusted Contributor
Sep 26, 2009
Northeast U.S.
good thing there was no emergency trying to be declared to atc during his 2 minute rant...imagine wanting to declare an emergency or something but waiting til this guy got done blasting flight attendants.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
good thing there was no emergency trying to be declared to atc during his 2 minute rant...imagine wanting to declare an emergency or something but waiting til this guy got done blasting flight attendants.

Well thats what 121.5 is for. Oh, wait, it seems most pilots think its to coordinate a ride to the hotel from the airport (as heard on gaurd yesterday). :hat:

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Maybe on an fbo airinc frequency but to atc...ummmm. But hey what do I know?
You'd be surprised the conversations you hear on guard frequency.

Just last week we had two guys talking to each other over a 5 minute period exchanging phone numbers and talking about restaurants, etc.

Then as Keith said the guard police chime in, and inform everyone "You're on guard"

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
I was listening to that pilot and thinkin "Wait a minute, thats how I talk! I could seriously have a good convo with this dude!" If I was on freq I would have said something like " Get'er Done"

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
the pilot was spot on tho.

All the slutty hotties from back in the day are now 50+, and no longer hotties. And if the flight attendant is under 40, 95% of the time its a dude, and hes mad gay. My airline would hire models instead of flight attendants, that way I could regulate their appearance.

Booking tickets now.

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
Do you think Southwest will start advertising "Fags Fly Free" now?
LOL, Damn....

The hard part about this is that generally pilots are highly professional people with a keen sense of behaving properly (except of course for the naked AWE pilots some years back, which still makes me laugh my ass off).

I can only assume now that every four letter word uttered by a pilot for the next couple months will make the news. It is unfortunate that one obscene, and arrogant, pilot can give the profession a bad image just as a sleeping controller did with ours...

Sure the pilot was a prick and the sleeping controller (on position) was wrong, but I blame sensationalist media for blowing yet another BS internal problem way out of proportion.

Now we hear about a class action lawsuit being filed by some Southwest flight attendants and I can only wonder, is it a "granny, a grande, or a homosexual" (not my words) going flamouyantly out of their way to get rich quick? Give me a break, I heard far worse when I worked at a bank...

alzy

Senior Analyst
Jan 21, 2010
Earth
LOL, Damn....

The hard part about this is that generally pilots are highly professional people with a keen sense of behaving properly (except of course for the naked AWE pilots some years back, which still makes me laugh my ass off).

I can only assume now that every four letter word uttered by a pilot for the next couple months will make the news. It is unfortunate that one obscene, and arrogant, pilot can give the profession a bad image just as a sleeping controller did with ours...

Sure the pilot was a prick and the sleeping controller (on position) was wrong, but I blame sensationalist media for blowing yet another BS internal problem way out of proportion.

Now we hear about a class action lawsuit being filed by some Southwest flight attendants and I can only wonder, is it a "granny, a grande, or a homosexual" (not my words) going flamouyantly out of their way to get rich quick? Give me a break, I heard far worse when I worked at a bank...

preach it brotha! ;)

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
Well atleast like stated above, this is great to get the spotlight off controllers and the FAA. perfect.

People are too sensitive nowadays about stuff. Like dude your fat, dude your gay, lady your a whale, B*tch you effing wrinkly as a freakin pruin.....I say to all of you, get off my airplane, get away from my seat, no I don't want something to drink, push that freakin cart somewhere useful, like say, to that fat guy up there who has the whole row because had to buy all three seats to spill out over, get out of my face with that...oh and on a side not, and before you go on over there. That fat ass is probably going to want a Diet Coke. you might want to start pouring it now. Thank me later

Dude, your gay, who gives a shit, you don't need to sound gay. Woman, your old as SH*T, why are you still working, divorce didn't pan out to nicely with the Captain you were boning? The standards for "attendents" has gone to hell. People are people, and people talk shit. No matter who they are. Good for him to speak his mind. And the old, the fat, and the gays, IM not humble at all O have no business even talking to me. I have nothing to gain from them at all.

Not saying I have a problem with gays, as I have many friends who are, but if they start flirting with me, as has happened on a plane, I will lose it.

Old people as attendents are about as useful as a one legged man in an ass kicking competition.

And fat people.....oh god....I just love to watch them eat McDonalds.....with their ever present Diet Cokes. Just kills me.

And to all you attendents out there who aren't hot bombshells....you should all be fired.

And that's about all Ice has to say about that.