Pilots Petition to Remove Bad KMRY Controller

morajor13

Trusted Contributor
Jan 20, 2015
Just listened to it, sounds pretty funny - not sure if he'd be able to get in trouble for being annoyingly by the book lol.

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
Yeah dude definitely is a call sign NAZI but don't think there's a rule against being an asshole. Either way the one fiasco with whatever delta fox sounds like it was recorded from the tower, and you posted it to the internet, you :p:p:p:p:p:p:p idiot.

ADub

Mar 8, 2015
Yeah dude definitely is a call sign NAZI but don't think there's a rule against being an asshole. Either way the one fiasco with whatever delta fox sounds like it was recorded from the tower, and you posted it to the internet, you :p:p:p:p:p:p:p idiot.
Easily and legally obtainable by anybody.

JamesEarlJones

Jan 9, 2014
Oh I have no doubt that this was recorded from the tower. Some one there must hate that the guy is single handedly driving away traffic.

Those that can't control, control what they can... like augmenting the weather lol

RomeoCharlie

Oct 13, 2010
California
Pilot: we are cleared to Fresno airport via...

Controller: Sir you did not read back your clearance limit correctly, it is the Fresno Yosemite International airport.

This guy is a total tool. I am glad I dont work with him.

KomoKing

Newcomer
Feb 20, 2015
Are we not taught that if we initially issue a clearance, we should be checking the times to make sure they don't drop from the NAS?

DOD_ATC

Jun 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
He probably got his ass chewed by some lame supe because his phraseology wasn't perfect, (niner, full callsigns, etc...). Western Pac Reg is notorious for this.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
"Excuse me sir, you said "OK" on my frequency, I don't believe that "OK" is standard phraseology as approved by the AIM. Please refrain from the use of non-standard phraseology on my frequency. I have another aircraft to attend to, but when I return to this frequency, I would like an affirmation that you understand the reprimand you have been given and that you understand that I may go home and fap to this on LiveATC later, and I'm gonna need your full callsign, too."

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
The really unfortunate aspect is he likely was not always this way and at some point pissed someone off doing something else and some suit came down on him for some little thing and this is his response. We have a couple of those at our facility and its not being a d!ck, it is being anally by the book, most likely to prove a point....

Even if this is the way he has always been, it is insanely annoying (like the guy who requires a land line call if you are sitting next to him, and we have one of those as well), but he is by the book and would never be removed for following the book to the letter....

slater

Epic Member
Oct 16, 2009
Outside your window
The really unfortunate aspect is he likely was not always this way and at some point pissed someone off doing something else and some suit came down on him for some little thing and this is his response. We have a couple of those at our facility and its not being a d!ck, it is being anally by the book, most likely to prove a point....

Even if this is the way he has always been, it is insanely annoying (like the guy who requires a land line call if you are sitting next to him, and we have one of those as well), but he is by the book and would never be removed for following the book to the letter....
FAT was like this as well. No over shoulder coordination. Phraseology too. Interesting perspective.

markz

Rookie
May 24, 2014

That's how I see this. Horrible way to survive the career, but it is a reality for some folks.