Pink Card Info

AF_ATC

Trusted Member
Nov 20, 2009
I have my separate CTO card issued by the FAA and my Pink Card. Should the Pink Card have an endorsement for my CTO? My ATC training personnel say no since it is on a separate CTO card. I'm just worried regarding FAA hiring, they want to see the front and back of your CTO and Pink Card and if there is no endorsement on the Pink Card they may find me ineligible or not count that as experience.

Just making sure others with CTOs don't also have the endorsement on the Pink Card.

JoshATC

Epic Member
Jun 27, 2010
ZLA CPC
If you have zero radar experience then your Pink card should be blank. It's only used for RAPC and PAR ratings. Just scan it with it being empty and scan your CTO card together. Your CTO card will be enough.

I'm in the same boat as you, I have 5 x CTO's and my pink card is blank and I got selected off a Bid and currently hold a TOL.

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
Actually, I want to hear something official from the FAA on this (not HR, this isn't their area of expertise) because, I was told many years ago that the FAA doesnt recognize pink cards anymore and it's just something the military does for shits and giggles, pretty much. They also said that the FAA doesn't even make the pink cards anymore and each of the military ATC schools prints them off themselves so they can continue to give them out at graduation. Everything the pink cards has should be in your training record anyways. Do any controllers who never controlled in the military carry a pink card?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Actually, I want to hear something official from the FAA on this (not HR, this isn't their area of expertise) because, I was told many years ago that the FAA doesnt recognize pink cards anymore and it's just something the military does for shits and giggles, pretty much. They also said that the FAA doesn't even make the pink cards anymore and each of the military ATC schools prints them off themselves so they can continue to give them out at graduation. Everything the pink cards has should be in your training record anyways. Do any controllers who never controlled in the military carry a pink card?
I just always assumed a pink card was something from years and years ago. I got the plastic CTO card when I tower certified, then another plastic card when I radar certified.

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
Mine is sooo... blah... I only have one little signature on it, but I prefer Tower anyways..

purpletw

Trusted Member
Dec 14, 2010
It should have the date you graduated tech school showing you passed ATC school. Other than that the FAA doesn't require any certification on your pink card. You only get those from non-tower ratings.

ZEBRA

Sep 24, 2013
I'm not sure what branch everyone is, but all of the appripriate ratings and pink card endorsements are in the NAVAIR for Navy and USMC.

john

Rookie
Feb 1, 2011
I know for the Army the Pink Card is issued by ATSCOM and signed by the current ATSCOM Commander (O-6 Level) at the date of issue. From my knowledge other than being an "FAA" form the FAA has nothing to do with the issuing process. Facility Ratings from CTO towers are endorsed on the pink card but they are annotated as an ATCT rating not specified as a CTO. These also include Tactical ratings like the 7A or 70A. (TC 3-04.81)

sevenup06

Rookie
Aug 28, 2009
Witchamom, HO
The ratings I received while I was in the Army were all written and signed to the back of my Pink Card by the person who rated me, and none of those guys (Or the one lady) were on an O6 level lol.. But Things could be different now.

Last edited: