Piper Cubs

A

Adam

I guess I ought to start this forum off...I used to fly...haven't flown in about two years.

I had the majority of my hours logged in a J3, but also flew some in the PA11, PA18, and PA15. Almost all of my hours are in tailwheel aircraft. A lot of fun to fly...sometimes it was so much fun I couldn't stop chuckling while I was flying...kind of a like a kid in a candy store. Many times I would stay around in the pattern and talk to my co-workers over the frequency while I did touch n goes and they made fun of me. If I wanted to get daring, I would fly a few miles east and land in a fellow pilots backyard....there were many little grass strips around the area.

Anyways, they were a blast to fly...I would encourage any pilot that hasn't flow the cub to try it out....and just when you think you've flown planes before...flying a tailwheel is completely different.

mjohn47

Jun 23, 2008
Holbrook, NY
There's a little grass strip here on LI among the concrete and blacktop and there are a few cubs and old navy trainers that are based out of it. I have 240something hours but none in tailwheel and really want to try it. Thanks for making me want to go out and spend money lol.

SRQ

Jul 25, 2008
Sarasota/Indianapolis
LawnGnome, I started in an Aeronica Champ tail dragger and worked my way up. I remember it being a lot of fun. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

A

Adam

The Champs are nice..I like Huskies too...though they aren't a sport aircraft...weigh a little too much I suppose.

Mclaren99

Jul 9, 2008
Southern Region CPC
I definitely miss the J3. Instructed in one for a little while before getting into ATC. Take off at 60, climb at 60, cruise at 60, land at 60........pretty easy and fun to fly...a great stick and rudder airplane especially if you take the door off!

Raydon

Happy Camper
Aug 18, 2008
OKC
I want to buy one as soon as I get CPC.

It'll give me an excuse to finish my PPL.

Oct 6, 2016
Bay Area
I started flying when I was wearing Huskies. Sport craft type I have been in is Lancair one of the more sportier airplanes.
I have been told I weight too much for flight now, grew out of that cockpit.