plane crash caught on tape - 7

A

Adam

• plane crash caught on tape - 7
  • On the 24th of June 1994, Czar 52, a B-52H assigned to the 325th Bomb Squadron, 92d Bomb Wing, Fairchild Air Force Base, WA, was practicing maneuvers for an upcoming airshow. The aircrew had planned and briefed a profile, through the Wing Commander level, that grossly exceeded aircraft and regulatory limitations.
    Upon preparing to land at the end of the practice airshow profile, the crew was required to execute a
  • ---

A

Adam

Do you guys remember this video....I heard the pilot was an arrogant hot shot? Is that true?

killswitch

Tin Pusher
Sep 12, 2008
Ohio
From what I hear this guy totally went outside the flight envelope -ALL- the time. Story is that the guys in his crew were even afraid to fly with him. In fact, that day they told people to stay home and not come out because they were practicing. If you look hard enough in some of the photos you can see the guy on the bottom of the plane trying to eject right before it crashes but I'd imagine he just shot himself into the ground.

Very sad. "There are bold pilots and old pilots... but there are no old, bold pilots."

Mr.Texas

Mod
Jun 15, 2008
Man, I can just imagine the panic in the ####pit prior to impact. Wow!! I hated transcribing crash tapes in the military, but it was one of my extra duties.