Please Leave a Review for a CTI School

getting ready to graduate from FSCJ in jacksonville Fl, truthfully this is what every CTI school should model themselves after. I am not saying this b/c I go here, I am saying this b/c this program is that good.
All of our instructors are retired or are active controllers.
At some point they were also involved with training new hires.
O and all worked in one of the largest airspaces...jville.
best decision I have ever made.

lrcr

Apr 29, 2011
Seattle, WA
Green River Community College --

I was fortunate that Green River was within 30 minutes driving distance from my home. This is an Associate Degree program that has a LAB/SIM.

I would choose this school again and again because the instructors are great and all of the ATC core classes are taught by active/retired controllers from Seattle Center and Salt Lake Center. All the other aviation classes such as private pilot ground, instrument flying, airline dispatch, weather, etc… are taught by professional pilots from Alaska, FAA Flight Check, Private Corp Jets, Northwest--now Delta, and maybe a few others.

The air traffic LAB we use is a great way to get introduced into keyboard entries/phraseology. There are also 3 flight simulators which we get about 40-50 hours in learning how to fly and be on the other end of the mic.

There are many opportunities for networking as we have many “field trips” to Boeing, Seattle Center (ZSE), Seattle TRACON, SeaTac Tower and many other aviation related events. There is also an internship (not paid) you can apply for at the last quarter of your CTI program.

Overall I paid about $20k for my degree (tuition, fees, books, gas) and it's worth every penny. I would love to have gone to Embry Riddle however the location and price were not realistically doable for me, but, if you’re interested in getting a BS from Embry Riddle they will transfer MOST of the credits received from Green River. If you’re focused with a decent head on your shoulders you could finish this program (100 credits now) in 4 quarters. If anyone has specific questions let me know!

camaggart

Newcomer
Jul 15, 2013
I am going to CCBC right now. I have a CTO and Radar Rating already but due to the hiring freeze I figured I could get a degree while I wait. I like it a lot so far, the degree does call for the student to get a Private Pilots License. Which that has Pros and Cons, Pros being that you see the other side of aviation (which is really valuable) cons being that you have to pay for a Private pilots (between 5 to 6,000). They have 2 options for ATC, Tower and EnRoute. I am doing EnRoute due to me having a CTO already. I have not started the sims yet but I have been told it uses the same airspace that OKC uses for school. Also another good thing about the program is that it offers summer classes, which graduating as fast as possible is very valuable to getting hired faster. That was one of the key differences of the other programs around the country. And for the tower students, we have a tower at our airport that the students get trained by some controllers that worked at PIT. Soooo I hope that is helpful.

N813JB

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2010
getting ready to graduate from FSCJ in jacksonville Fl, truthfully this is what every CTI school should model themselves after. I am not saying this b/c I go here, I am saying this b/c this program is that good.
All of our instructors are retired or are active controllers.
At some point they were also involved with training new hires.
O and all worked in one of the largest airspaces...jville.
best decision I have ever made.
First off, you would be hard-pressed to find a CTI program that didn't have retired controllers, teaching. Two, at some point, all CPCs are involved in training, it's part of the job description. Three, having lots of airspace doesn't really mean much.

dctjf0290

Newcomer
Sep 27, 2012
Smyrna, TN
I'm currently going through CTI at Middle Tennessee State and feel like what we have going on is excellent. We have a few retired controllers teaching us and a lab that is state of the art. According to our head instructor, we are way ahead of Riddle when it comes to how we train and the equipment we use. Not to say Riddle doesn't have a good program, but I have heard they don't have retired controllers as teachers.

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
Until the tract record proves otherwise, Beaver County will continue to be the top CTI school. Can't argue with the results. Its the school with the highest rate of success in checking out here at N90.

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
Until the tract record proves otherwise, Beaver County will continue to be the top CTI school. Can't argue with the results. Its the school with the highest rate of success in checking out here at N90.
This page is giving me a tract infection.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
I'm currently going through CTI at Middle Tennessee State and feel like what we have going on is excellent. We have a few retired controllers teaching us and a lab that is state of the art. According to our head instructor, we are way ahead of Riddle when it comes to how we train and the equipment we use. Not to say Riddle doesn't have a good program, but I have heard they don't have retired controllers as teachers.
Lol yeah we definitely don't have former controllers instructing....actually, it's just a vicious cycle, you graduate then are accepted into a teaching slot for 10 years or until you die of smoking too many cigarettes or alcoholism, whichever comes first.

And the moon is made of cheese and Rocky 6 made it into the Library of Congress for being a culturally significant movie!