Pocketing the Per Diem (For Lodging)

AlyssaKE11

Rookie
Aug 13, 2016
Honolulu
I want to do the $39 option (without the food pack) at Kim's Place, so that I can pocket the additional $19.20 per day.

If you are trying to pocket the additional per diem, do you know if we have to submit paperwork to the FAA to show the proof of our lodging or what not? Also, how do we get reimbursed? Who do we need to speak to? How long do we have to wait until we can get reimbursed? Will they send the lodging allowance to the method of payment we used or will it be sent to the direct deposit account that we set up on EODS?

HenryTheAce

Jul 21, 2014
ZMP -> D21
They'll go over all this day one, it's death by 8.5hrs of briefings. Yes you submit paperwork to the FAA at the perdiem office in the basics building (just a receipt/proof of pay is needed). You get reimbursed by direct deposit. You're eligible to submit paperwork after the first 15days to get your per diem then every 30 days after that, or you can just do it all at the end and get a full 100+ days worth.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
or you can just do it all at the end and get a full 100+ days worth.
Don't do it that way, not recommended.
That's like saying I'll just let the FAA pay me once per year on December 31st....it'd work, but there's no advantage.

wxdude

Jun 5, 2015
Don't do it that way, not recommended.
That's like saying I'll just let the FAA pay me once per year on December 31st....it'd work, but there's no advantage.
The only advantage is your giving the gov a free loan by not filing on a regular basis.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

kelsey

Newcomer
Jan 25, 2012
ARLINGTON
Found a place on craigslist that was 10 mins from academy (Yukon OK), only $550/month, brand new house... pocketed the rest. Brought car and drove to study groups.

twn

Nov 7, 2012
Found a place on craigslist that was 10 mins from academy (Yukon OK), only $550/month, brand new house... pocketed the rest. Brought car and drove to study groups.
Tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full. Any idea if this is still available?