Pool 1 CTI No TOL

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
Hello everyone,

25 y/o, CTI graduate associate degree, private pilot, 5 yrs aviation work experience. Currently working airport operations job. Non Vet.

I decided to start this thread for those of us in Pool 1 who are still waiting and hanging on to what little hope appears to be left.

I am hoping to learn more about our situation, hopefully we can share updates rumors and frustrations here while the rest of Stuck Mic celebrates their TOL's CIL's and FOL's.

Praying for miracle!

MikleBrady

Mar 20, 2013
Trust me bud, I feel for you...all of you that are CTI and haven't received one...I have a couple friends from school, who will make excellent controllers, that haven't received TOL's yet either and I'm praying for y'all that you still get one!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
Thanks Man, much appreciated! Wishing the best for all who received one as well, especially my fellow CTI'ers. I cant imagine how awesome it must feel to finally have a shot.

I was in my final semester w/ WQ on the ASAT when it was scrapped for OTS, so third time applying.

TKA

Rookie
Oct 7, 2010
I reached out to the head of my CTI program over the weekend and he got back to me earlier today saying this:

"You have two or three weeks of waiting to do!

The FAA hosted a telecon on Friday, and they said that they have two more weeks of sending TOLs for Pool 1.

Once that is complete they will work on Pool 2."

I emailed him back to let him know that a bunch of TOLs went out on Friday for Pool 2, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. It seems that more TOLs will be going out over the next couple weeks, but I can't tell whether it will be for Pool 1 or Pool 2 or a combination of both, likely it will be the combination but only time will tell. The wait is agonizing.

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
I hear you bro, thanks for the update! Sounds like the fat lady may have yet to sing.

Let us know when you hear back

Thanks!

Feb 24, 2017
And so the wait continues. I am 27 y/o, CTI graduate, and this last bid was my 7th time applying. Back before they changed the ATSAT and your test scores were "relevant" I knew several fellow classmates who scored lower than me and they are already certified and working out well at some pretty busy airports. Praying for all of us patiently waiting!

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
I'm sorry man, I hope your persistence pays off. I don't know if I could handle 7 times worth of this. I've definitely had similar experience with classmates. Seems like a lot of luck over merit. I graduated top of my class 4.0 GPA, some kids barely passed and got TOL's. Although I know for a fact at lest one failed OKC for what its worth.

AirNaji

Nov 4, 2016
Mannn... y'all are dedicated. I hope you all get something. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys

colandoj

Jun 2, 2014
The more I wait, the more i consider joining the military. Thats how crazy this is making me

Brave29

Jan 6, 2017
What is CBP?
Customs & Border Protection. You would work at an Airport, port, or border. You'll make 75k plus Locality after 4 years and actually be on the GS scale at a LVL 12.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

colandoj

Jun 2, 2014
What are the qualifications? and is this the people that are at desks at customs? or more security end?

Brave29

Jan 6, 2017
That depends on which one you get sent to. You have to carry a weapon no matter what though. Mexico border is like a war zone, airports are chill and you check people/cargo, ports i have no clue. Its on usa jobs right now and has all the qualifications, but ends on the 28th at midnight. If you dont get the ATC this year its never a bad idea to start your federal career going, youll do the sf-86, start your TSP and FERS.
What are the qualifications? and is this the people that are at desks at customs? or more security end?

KyleP281

Newcomer
Dec 23, 2013
I reached out to the head of my CTI program over the weekend and he got back to me earlier today saying this:

"You have two or three weeks of waiting to do!

The FAA hosted a telecon on Friday, and they said that they have two more weeks of sending TOLs for Pool 1.

Once that is complete they will work on Pool 2."

I emailed him back to let him know that a bunch of TOLs went out on Friday for Pool 2, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. It seems that more TOLs will be going out over the next couple weeks, but I can't tell whether it will be for Pool 1 or Pool 2 or a combination of both, likely it will be the combination but only time will tell. The wait is agonizing.
Can you validate this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fhptoatc

Nov 2, 2016
That depends on which one you get sent to. You have to carry a weapon no matter what though. Mexico border is like a war zone, airports are chill and you check people/cargo, ports i have no clue. Its on usa jobs right now and has all the qualifications, but ends on the 28th at midnight. If you dont get the ATC this year its never a bad idea to start your federal career going, youll do the sf-86, start your TSP and FERS.
I made it all the way to the polygraph for CBP and didn't pass. ATC was my first choice anyway so it all worked out!

TKA

Rookie
Oct 7, 2010
Can you validate this information?

Well I saw this info originally here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATC/comments/5w0xbw/should_we_expect_more_tols_on_monday/?sort=new

And like I said, I emailed the head of our CTI program so I'm pretty sure it's accurate coming from 2 separate sources. I just wish there was some more clarity from the FAA because our CTI head was definitely under the misunderstanding that more Pool 1 TOLs would go out before they moved on to Pool 2 TOLs but that was obviously not the case.

KyleP281

Newcomer
Dec 23, 2013
Well I saw this info originally here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ATC/comments/5w0xbw/should_we_expect_more_tols_on_monday/?sort=new

And like I said, I emailed the head of our CTI program so I'm pretty sure it's accurate coming from 2 separate sources. I just wish there was some more clarity from the FAA because our CTI head was definitely under the misunderstanding that more Pool 1 TOLs would go out before they moved on to Pool 2 TOLs but that was obviously not the case.
No worries, thank you. We'll just have to wait and see.

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
Maybe there intention was to continue pool 1 before pool 2, but some one in hr sent the wrong list on Monday. Wouldn't be the first time they made a mistake. I have heard stories on here of people getting two different TOL's one terminal and one enroute, then afterwards trying to recall one of the messages. Maybe after the sort this out they will send ours on the next bank.

idk just trying to be optimistic.

Considering applying to CBP just to take my mind of this for a minute.