Pool 1 CTI No TOL

Grollo

Sep 2, 2016
A gentlemen called an HR rep on Friday and they said they're working on more. They did not say when they would be releasing, only that they are working on them. I can follow up and see what else was said in the phone call if anything.
That would be greatly appreciated

TKA

Rookie
Oct 7, 2010
Don't give up. I don't have one either. I WILL see you in OKC. Keep the faith man. Everyone else may be SOL but we are in. Just a matter of time.
Thanks man, I appreciate your optimism and kind words. I do still have hope until I hear otherwise but I made my comment because of what CTI schools were told in the telecon on 2/24 about TOLs going out for 10 more days and it's been more than 10 business days since that telecon. But you are right and anything could happen. The FAA is unpredictable and I certainly hope they keep handing out TOLs beyond those 10 days. I just really hope they come a lot sooner than later.

A gentlemen called an HR rep on Friday and they said they're working on more. They did not say when they would be releasing, only that they are working on them. I can follow up and see what else was said in the phone call if anything.
Thanks for this information, I really hope it is true. Please do let us know if you find out anything more. I hope all 3 of us and everyone else without a TOL get one soon.

KStoves

Aug 22, 2011
Back when I was 22-23 and still in CTI school, I used to joke around with everyone else that we'd apply every year until we were 31 to get in if we had to. It took me until turning 29, but I finally got a TOL. If you really want this career, keep up the hope, and don't count yourself out until your status on Aviator changes. In the meantime though, make sure you're taking care of yourself by focusing on a sustainable alternate career that you would enjoy. I was even very seriously considering giving flying a try had this not worked out this time. Good luck to you and everyone else out there who's still waiting.
You and I have almost identical stories, except that I'm still 28

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
So I received an email from the ATO stating that there were in fact bands on this bid. Based on your AT-SA score is whether you were listed as "Well-Qualified" or "Qualified." Additionally they stated that they had so many score in "Well Qualified" that no one from "Qualified" will be considered.

Now unless I missed something the AT-SA was pass/fail. Though when I go to the posting for the job I cannot find that stated verbatim. All it says is that you must pass the AT-SA to be considered.

If anyone has actual screenshots or information on it being pass/fail please PM the screenshots/information.

I did respond explaining that I was told it is a pass/fail aptitude test.

On a separate note that would mean vet pref was added to the score. Based on your score and the points you get is where you fell.

I wouldn't expect a TOL from here on out. Congratulations to those who were selected. This is probably my last bid.

FoxtrotEcho

Rookie
Dec 14, 2016
So I received an email from the ATO stating that there were in fact bands on this bid. Based on your AT-SA score is whether you were listed as "Well-Qualified" or "Qualified." Additionally they stated that they had so many score in "Well Qualified" that no one from "Qualified" will be considered.

Now unless I missed something the AT-SA was pass/fail. Though when I go to the posting for the job I cannot find that stated verbatim. All it says is that you must pass the AT-SA to be considered.

If anyone has actual screenshots or information on it being pass/fail please PM the screenshots/information.

I did respond explaining that I was told it is a pass/fail aptitude test.

On a separate note that would mean vet pref was added to the score. Based on your score and the points you get is where you fell.

I wouldn't expect a TOL from here on out. Congratulations to those who were selected. This is probably my last bid.
Thank you for following up on this. I hope I am smart enough to never apply for this again as well. Hell that's what I said last time.

cgaub

Jan 23, 2017
Indiana
If that really is the case do we have any explanation as to why they stopped passing along the info about which band we scored into?

Jabberfest

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
If that really is the case do we have any explanation as to why they stopped passing along the info about which band we scored into?
Wondering the same thing. It would seem if they had "qualified" and "well qualified" bands they would let us know which one we scored into.

Sierra Kilo

Dec 29, 2016
Must have been on a serious curve or most people did much worse than me. I did :p:p:p:p:p:p:p terrible in the dot problem.
I still think that section was a test of keeping your cool and prioritizing. I imagine the people that scored low on that part either gave up completely or couldn't balance the math with the radar portion.

Everyone I know that passed, including myself, stopped doing any math when radar conflicts were still up. Only math I did was when I had my dots sorted out first or in between problems.

Basically every section I stopped to think about how it applied to real life first, and then acted accordingly. Math and memory recall stuff reminded me of sorting out clearances, advisories, and requests. Also keeping track of callsigns in a way. Eyeball test is basically pointing out traffic relative to other traffic. Big part of ATC is just knowing when other shit can wait while you work on important stuff.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
I think that second part was BS, on the web based form. I started guessing on the last few because I was over it.

Sierra Kilo

Dec 29, 2016
Yea when they logged you out of the one and you started answering multiple choice stuff.
Honestly have no idea how I did on that part, but the TOL makes it irrelevant thankfully haha. I answered everything in time, but I just hate how convoluted logic questions can be.

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
I still think that section was a test of keeping your cool and prioritizing. I imagine the people that scored low on that part either gave up completely or couldn't balance the math with the radar portion.

Everyone I know that passed, including myself, stopped doing any math when radar conflicts were still up. Only math I did was when I had my dots sorted out first or in between problems.

Basically every section I stopped to think about how it applied to real life first, and then acted accordingly. Math and memory recall stuff reminded me of sorting out clearances, advisories, and requests. Also keeping track of callsigns in a way. Eyeball test is basically pointing out traffic relative to other traffic. Big part of ATC is just knowing when other shit can wait while you work on important stuff.
I bombed the ball game I know I did.

b777erj145

Rookie
Nov 3, 2016
I don't know how I got tol because I remember missing a lot of stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk