Potomac TRACON - PCT

atcbrownie

Trusted Contributor
Jun 14, 2008
Warrenton Va
Management controller relationship is good for the most part. Manager says that we will have at least 25 new controllers within the next year, some new hires and some transfers.

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
Haha this websites amazing... No i may not be a controller at the facility but that doesnt mean anything when it comes to seeing whether or not PCT is a busy facility and jumped from a 7 to an 11 (giggity) is a daunting task. Can it be done? I don't have a doubt... I was more so saying it in a joking tone when I originally commented on this thread but i wouldnt expect anything less than everyone bringing down the "intern" lol. I mean thats how this career field works right? Gotta start somewhere... I know that and im perfectly okay with that.

Like ive said before we can all agree to disagree.

Is not that we're "bringing down the intern", its that you really have no clue what you're talking about. This is like me going to a Medical journal forum, and start arguing with doctors whether heart surgery is harder than brain surgery.

mike553255

Rookie
Mar 13, 2015
For the people who already live here, where are the most common places people live for renting?
Most that I Know live in the Haymarket/Manassas/Gainesville area. there are a few gated communities along with open farms just depends on where you want to go.

TravisTroll

Rookie
Nov 23, 2012
any info on the 4 areas? Busy-slow, canned-complex, Fun-boring, easy living-riping your hair out...

maybe info on how they divvy up trainees to the areas? Anything would be nice, I am going to be sitting on my butt for a month till i go to PCT. Thanks!

charlie_delta

Rookie
Apr 9, 2012
From what I've gathered IAD, BWI and DCA are all high-structure, high-volume. IAD is the busiest traffic-wise but comes in 3 banks. BWI is close behind but is spread out throughout the day. Idk much else about DCA. RIC is like any slower tracon. Beehive in the summer, otherwise dead.

Do you have a start date of Oct 18th as well?

TravisTroll

Rookie
Nov 23, 2012
From what I've gathered IAD, BWI and DCA are all high-structure, high-volume. IAD is the busiest traffic-wise but comes in 3 banks. BWI is close behind but is spread out throughout the day. Idk much else about DCA. RIC is like any slower tracon. Beehive in the summer, otherwise dead.

Do you have a start date of Oct 18th as well?
I do! thanks for that bit of info.

rytomi

Honor and Determination
Jun 15, 2009
PCT
I understand that when a facility transitions to STARS, they get a choice of keyboard.

With the new STARS at PCT, did the facility elect to stay with the ABC keyboards from ARTS or did they go with the QWERTY keyboards?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I understand that when a facility transitions to STARS, they get a choice of keyboard.

With the new STARS at PCT, did the facility elect to stay with the ABC keyboards from ARTS or did they go with the QWERTY keyboards?
Pretty sure the only terminal facilities that are using qwerty are military and DOD.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
I wish my facility had gone with qwerty but the damn old timers who only have a couple years left selected the stupid abc keyboards. Still takes me 5 min to type in a VFR pop up with that damn thing

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
I wish my facility had gone with qwerty but the damn old timers who only have a couple years left selected the stupid abc keyboards. Still takes me 5 min to type in a VFR pop up with that damn thing
Hey! I wanted the qwerty keyboards too!

wxdude

Jun 5, 2015
I'm glad I work at a Z with a normal keyboard. I'd want to pound in some reps head If they stuck with that crappy keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk