Potomac TRACON - PCT

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
PCT has had success in the past training newbies but that has been discontinued as of late.

charlie_delta

Rookie
Apr 9, 2012
Hey, was wondering if anyone else has heard about their ERR's? Possible transfer date/facility you coming from?
Currently looking at mid October myself. Coming from ALB (7 up/down)

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
U wanna go from a 7 to one of the largest and busiest terminal airspaces in the country...?

get off your high horse, PCT is known as one of the easier consiladted tracons to cerity at. I know a lot of OTS that made it there. by busiest in the country to you mean outside the top ten?

charlie_delta

Rookie
Apr 9, 2012
Anyone know who the current fac rep is? Emailed Matt S back in January when I was looking to take a tour and never heard anything. He's still shown as the current rep according to the natca.net site.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Just cause hes the NATCA rep doesnt automatically mean he or she will give you the time of day. To be honest, i've had more succes going through management for tours. Plus they are the ones who hire you.

charlie_delta

Rookie
Apr 9, 2012
I took that route (calling direct to the facility) earlier in the year. I was more looking to make contact seeing as my report date there is in October. Roscoe showed me around too. That guy was a trip.

SkylinesSuck

Trusted Contributor
Sep 4, 2009
asleep at work
Yeah, I thought that was a bit uppity but not knowing crap about PCT and assuming he was a CPC their made me lean towards keeping my mouth shut, then I read this:

Went and visited RDU on Tuesday when i was in town for a couple of days and man i was really impressed with the professionalism and great service they provided at the facility! Everyone was very polite and thrilled to show me around all parts of the facility... Dont know if it was because im an atc applicant, DoD dependent, or an ex-intern at IAD ATCT (the former ATM at IAD started his career at RDU)...
So I will concur with the lol, and not because I doubt PCT is a busy facility. I'm sure it is. I just don't think this guy is in any position to judge what is or isn't busy and talk down to people based on his judgments.

MikeTangoATC

Feb 25, 2015
Yeah, I thought that was a bit uppity but not knowing crap about PCT and assuming he was a CPC their made me lean towards keeping my mouth shut, then I read this:

So I will concur with the lol, and not because I doubt PCT is a busy facility. I'm sure it is. I just don't think this guy is in any position to judge what is or isn't busy and talk down to people based on his judgments.
Ha-ha. It's definitely because he's a DoD dependent. You will never get more respect than when you go around telling people you're the husband of an air traffic controller.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Haha this websites amazing... No i may not be a controller at the facility but that doesnt mean anything when it comes to seeing whether or not PCT is a busy facility and jumped from a 7 to an 11 (giggity) is a daunting task. Can it be done? I don't have a doubt... I was more so saying it in a joking tone when I originally commented on this thread but i wouldnt expect anything less than everyone bringing down the "intern" lol. I mean thats how this career field works right? Gotta start somewhere... I know that and im perfectly okay with that.

Like ive said before we can all agree to disagree.

I jumped from a 6 to an 11 and certified in 6 months. tell me more about how hard it is and your faa atc experience please?

SkylinesSuck

Trusted Contributor
Sep 4, 2009
asleep at work
Jmanley, your best option here is to declare victory and withdraw. You clearly have zero clue what you are are talking about and your half hearted attempt at backpedaling only makes it worse. Just give up and go back to your HBO and BX privileges man.

ZJXATCer

Newcomer
Oct 10, 2009
FL
Any current controllers at PCT that can give some updates on the current management-controller relationship and current staffing (fat, short, on par)? Thanks! I'm considering maybe trying to get to this facility.

Last edited: