Pre Hire Facility Swap

ATCMarine84

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2009
Home of the Packers!!
I'm sure this has been answered BUT can you swap prior to even getting to your facility? Or while in OKC? Must you wait to become CPC? Going to GRB and want Colorado or the Pacific Northwest.

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY
I'm sure this has been answered BUT can you swap prior to even getting to your facility? Or while in OKC? Must you wait to become CPC? Going to GRB and want Colorado or the Pacific Northwest.
Fellow St Cloudian we speak again. I've read (though I always admit when it's not right from the source as to not add rampant incorrect info on the site) that you are able to at OKC but I don't know about before that point. It seems like you should be able to though. I believe you have to talk to the managers of both facilities about it though. The problem if you're not in the same class though is one facility is expecting somebody right away and the other probably didn't send you to training yet because your position isn't open. I'm going to MRY... Almost northwest and wanted midwest. GRB would have been amazing.

ATCMarine84

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2009
Home of the Packers!!
Fellow St Cloudian we speak again. I've read (though I always admit when it's not right from the source as to not add rampant incorrect info on the site) that you are able to at OKC but I don't know about before that point. It seems like you should be able to though. I believe you have to talk to the managers of both facilities about it though. The problem if you're not in the same class though is one facility is expecting somebody right away and the other probably didn't send you to training yet because your position isn't open. I'm going to MRY... Almost northwest and wanted midwest. GRB would have been amazing.

Honestly, Monterey would be great but the level facility for the cost of living... just can't do it. Too bad you're not San Fran or Oregon bound.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Once upon a time, you could swap in OKC if it was within the same environment (i.e. tower to tower). But either because it created too much work for HR or they just didn't feel like handling it anymore, they put the kibosh on it. Got it straight from the horse's mouth here, from the head of the ATO. You're going to what you're down for.

Don't worry man. Just think... you could still be in Twentynine Palms.

ATCMarine84

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2009
Home of the Packers!!
Once upon a time, you could swap in OKC if it was within the same environment (i.e. tower to tower). But either because it created too much work for HR or they just didn't feel like handling it anymore, they put the kibosh on it. Got it straight from the horse's mouth here, from the head of the ATO. You're going to what you're down for.

Don't worry man. Just think... you could still be in Twentynine Palms.
If I could "thank" this comment a thousand times I would. Believe me I realize that. I am looking forward to going to GRB but I'm a mountain guy so what the heck? Why not give it a shot? Oh, 29 just the thought makes my skin crawl.

Ramstar13

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Mexico City
Anyone out there looking to get to CA? Im looking to get back east, let me know. Nothing lower than a lvl8
ok, i started this thread, but the moderator, im guessing, changed the title to some "pre hire swap thread." thats not what i originally put since ive been in the FAA for almost 3 years now. so it is a CPC swap i was requesting. Moderator if you see this post, you can delete this thread please because it is jacked.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
ok, i started this thread, but the moderator, im guessing, changed the title to some "pre hire swap thread." thats not what i originally put since ive been in the FAA for almost 3 years now. so it is a CPC swap i was requesting. Moderator if you see this post, you can delete this thread please because it is jacked.
Have you tried the NATCA board?

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
Haha guess they should have asked before changing your title.