PRIOR EXPERIENCE 2152 FAA-ATO-16-ATC-EXP-44955 BID IS OUT 21 December 2015

Foxtrot Romeo

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2016
Well I understand that doing psyhicals and background checks can be a lenghthy process. What i dont understand is how it takes this long to send out an email. Granted im sure they are overwhelmed becasue there are more of us than them. But still dont see how it takes 6 weeks to email an individual paperwork. In the end thats their job and they are doing it as instructed.
Agreed. That part can't be that difficult to send out an email

HollyVVood

Trusted Member
Dec 6, 2013
Well I understand that doing psyhicals and background checks can be a lenghthy process. What i dont understand is how it takes this long to send out an email. Granted im sure they are overwhelmed becasue there are more of us than them. But still dont see how it takes 6 weeks to email an individual paperwork. In the end thats their job and they are doing it as instructed.
That's exactly what myself and most of the people on here, that have already started the process, have a problem with. If they could better keep us in the loop we wouldn't have as much of an issue because we could make plans, arrangements, and actually have something to tell the people that ask us "What are you waiting on? When are you leaving?" Instead you have to tell your girl friend, wife, family and/or friends that you have no idea when and where you are going and can't give any real explanation as to why.

Foxtrot Romeo

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2016
That's exactly what myself and most of the people on here, that have already started the process, have a problem with. If they could better keep us in the loop we wouldn't have as much of an issue because we could make plans, arrangements, and actually have something to tell the people that ask us "What are you waiting on? When are you leaving?" Instead you have to tell your girl friend, wife, family and/or friends that you have no idea when and where you are going and can't give any real explanation as to why.
Exaclty. I would like to know when I could possibly be somewhere. I've been telling ppl hopefully by the end of summer or early fall but at this point who the hell knows. Got the TOL but still waiting on the pre employment is what I've been telling friends and family when they ask what's going on. Not much more I can tell them except I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting on things to happen

MFields1989

Trusted Member
Jan 22, 2016
Columbia, MO
Well what can you do? Im sure they are swampped witn paperwork and phone calls maybe im oversimplifying the process. It just doesnt make sense to me as to why this process seems so disjointed and complicated. But i digress.

HollyVVood

Trusted Member
Dec 6, 2013
Well what can you do? Im sure they are swampped witn paperwork and phone calls maybe im oversimplifying the process. It just doesnt make sense to me as to why this process seems so disjointed and complicated. But i digress.
We are definitely over simplifying the process but it's just crazy to me that the FAA is doing nothing to fix these ridiculous wait times when they need controllers so bad. Weeks and months will go by in between trying to get your physical scheduled, getting sent and reviewed from the FS, getting sent back to HR, and then even more waiting just to receive that email that you have been cleared.

Foxtrot Romeo

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2016
We are definitely over simplifying the process but it's just crazy to me that the FAA is doing nothing to fix these ridiculous wait times when they need controllers so bad. Weeks and months will go by in between trying to get your physical scheduled, getting sent and reviewed from the FS, getting sent back to HR, and then even more waiting just to receive that email that you have been cleared.
It is ridiculous. Half of us or more could've been at a facility in the next month if they could just speed up the process. That would alleviate a lot and could help out the guys still on AD that don't have long til they separate if they were lucky enough to get a TOL. I'm just sick of checking my email lol

SPOONY90

Trusted Contributor
Jun 11, 2014
I think the process is ridiculous if you're DOD or even contract. Should be some direct hire program.

Foxtrot Romeo

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2016
I'm just thinking about when I joined the USAF. Basic was 8 weeks and you did blood work, physical, medical, and dental during. Then you go to tech school which doesn't matter in this case. Get to your first duty assignment and you get in processed in a week or so. So why can't this process be like that in some way? Although the military isn't quick it seems like it is compared to
this.

Gz1

Oct 22, 2013
I'm just thinking about when I joined the USAF. Basic was 8 weeks and you did blood work, physical, medical, and dental during. Then you go to tech school which doesn't matter in this case. Get to your first duty assignment and you get in processed in a week or so. So why can't this process be like that in some way? Although the military isn't quick it seems like it is compared to
this.
its the same process! You are in DEP right now ...

MFields1989

Trusted Member
Jan 22, 2016
Columbia, MO
Well i just called HR i tried not to use my angry black guy voice, she said they all should be sent put by COB Friday. Give it till Monday and if you do not recieve one to give them a call.

SPOONY90

Trusted Contributor
Jun 11, 2014
Well i just called HR i tried not to use my angry black guy voice, she said they all should be sent put by COB Friday. Give it till Monday and if you do not recieve one to give them a call.
Can we do the same?
"Mr fields, we are missing your medical"
Yeah give me till COB on Saturday

Foxtrot Romeo

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2016
Cool. Hells Bells will be ringing on Monday if I don't get one this week

Plattler01

Trusted Member
Jun 7, 2012
I'm sure all of these emails getting sent out are holding up me getting my start dates. So I hope they finish them so I can get my assignment already lol