PRIOR EXPERIENCE 2152 FAA-ATO-16-ATC-EXP-44955 BID IS OUT 21 December 2015

Bravo Delta

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
North Carolina
You guys want to hear something awesome? So I'm the guy that recently got Des Moines, it was my number two pick out of the 23 offered, and I just got a call from Hr yesterday saying that the ATO had made a mistake. Evidently DSM is already fully staffed and has 10 developmental already, so they had to rescind my offer for DSM going on to say it should have never been on my list. Since they messed up they let me pick between my first choice and my third choice. OF course i went with my first choice, GSO. Idk if anyone else has had a similar experiance, but i just saved a ton on moving 1100 miles. And I have a new start date of July 11th, hope everyone else's day is going as baller as this.

SPOONY90

Trusted Contributor
Jun 11, 2014
I'm getting deja vu from high school.... everyone graduating and I'm stuck here for another year

HollyVVood

Trusted Member
Dec 6, 2013
You guys want to hear something awesome? So I'm the guy that recently got Des Moines, it was my number two pick out of the 23 offered, and I just got a call from Hr yesterday saying that the ATO had made a mistake. Evidently DSM is already fully staffed and has 10 developmental already, so they had to rescind my offer for DSM going on to say it should have never been on my list. Since they messed up they let me pick between my first choice and my third choice. OF course i went with my first choice, GSO. Idk if anyone else has had a similar experiance, but i just saved a ton on moving 1100 miles. And I have a new start date of July 11th, hope everyone else's day is going as baller as this.
That's awesome news man good shit. I heard GSO has a decent pipeline for CLT which was described to me from good friend that's been CPC at a LVl 10 for several years as a "dream job".

Echo Mike

Epic Member
Apr 2, 2015
Tennessee
Glad to see one success story

Foxtrot Romeo

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah that's why i posted it. This thread has about 2000 post of people whinning, 1000 post of questions and maybe 200 solid bits of info. Just trying to spread some hope!
You can only stay positive during this process as hard as it may be. We've been waiting quite a while but it will all be worth it in the next few months. Glad to see you were able to get your top choice! Someone was looking out.

Echo Mike

Epic Member
Apr 2, 2015
Tennessee
Yeah that's why i posted it. This thread has about 2000 post of people whinning, 1000 post of questions and maybe 200 solid bits of info. Just trying to spread some hope!
Out of my 962 comments probably 400 is bitching another 400 sarcasm and the rest were meant to be helpful

MFields1989

Trusted Member
Jan 22, 2016
Columbia, MO
So from what I gather from my HR rep everything is done in 2 week time periods. They send list up to ATO every 2 weeks and ATO sends out lists every two weeks. So depending upon when we get all our clearances done timetable depends on where we come in on the two week cycle.

HollyVVood

Trusted Member
Dec 6, 2013
So from what I gather from my HR rep everything is done in 2 week time periods. They send list up to ATO every 2 weeks and ATO sends out lists every two weeks. So depending upon when we get all our clearances done timetable depends on where we come in on the two week cycle.
That's how its supposed to be but keep in mind that it doesn't appear to be running that quickly right now. I myself waited 8 weeks and got my list on the 9th week after HR told me my name had been sent to ATO. Maybe HR lied to me or was mistaken when they said my name had been sent? It's very possible

Echo Mike

Epic Member
Apr 2, 2015
Tennessee
That's how its supposed to be but keep in mind that it doesn't appear to be running that quickly right now. I myself waited 8 weeks and got my list on the 9th week after HR told me my name had been sent to ATO. Maybe HR lied to me or was mistaken when they said my name had been sent? It's very possible
What did You end up getting