PRIOR EXPERIENCE 2152 FAA-ATO-16-ATC-EXP-44955 BID IS OUT 21 December 2015

char_nov32

Newcomer
Jan 17, 2017
Savannah, GA
I have looked and I can't find any information on how long it takes from accepting your facility to signing your final contract. I accepted a start date for the first week in March and wasn't sure if it was closer to the actual day of or like two weeks out or something

michaelrav

Rookie
Aug 30, 2011
Pensacola, FL
I have looked and I can't find any information on how long it takes from accepting your facility to signing your final contract. I accepted a start date for the first week in March and wasn't sure if it was closer to the actual day of or like two weeks out or something
HR told me they send out FOLs one month before your start date. Which is how it happened for me so for once they didn't lie to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

char_nov32

Newcomer
Jan 17, 2017
Savannah, GA
Thanks y'all. I will add I did have to "update" my urinalysis because it would have been at the six month mark next week but I completed that over two weeks ago and I haven't had any time to snort any coke and take care of my kids so I know that's clean lol. Is that something that would make a difference in when I should expect a FOL- like maybe not expecting to report the first week of March like I'm expecting? Thanks again

MC15

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
Alright seeing all these lists is really cool and all but are there any former Army controllers here and can you guys post your lists because obviously with our towers I'm not going to be getting these huge facilities. Just trying to gage what my potential offers might be, thanks

michaelr575

Newcomer
Jan 1, 2016
Alright seeing all these lists is really cool and all but are there any former Army controllers here and can you guys post your lists because obviously with our towers I'm not going to be getting these huge facilities. Just trying to gage what my potential offers might be, thanks
Wondering the same thing. I know of two people that worked at the same twr I did, one got picked up at a lvl 6 and another in a lvl 8 up/down. Looking forward to whatever, really.

gophils22011

Rookie
Oct 14, 2011
Yes, August 2016. I called and have been put the list to receive a list. I was never instructed to do an in person background interview but as of now only have a conditional clearance. Do they do in person interview after facility selection?

ControlledChaos

Dec 5, 2013
Yes, August 2016. I called and have been put the list to receive a list. I was never instructed to do an in person background interview but as of now only have a conditional clearance. Do they do in person interview after facility selection?
There are no instructions to do an in person interview. And I'm not even sure if it's mandatory for everyone. All I know is that 3 months after I filled out my eQIP I receive a phone call to meet an investigator to go over the information I had put into eQIP. So you may not have to do one... not exactly sure of the FAA's full scope of hiring procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Not everyone interviews over the background check. They only do that if they have questions or need clarification about something.

wdelta

Jun 13, 2011
i just did my interview the other week. she a print out of my eqip and my resume. questions included things like "your eqip says you got your CCAF during june of 2009 and your resume says july of 2009. can you explain that?"