PRIOR EXPERIENCE 2152 FAA-ATO-16-ATC-EXP-44955 BID IS OUT 21 December 2015

ControlledChaos

Dec 5, 2013
I'm going to the facility lol
im sure I'll be going to RTF at the academy as well in the future but I'm a direct hire to the airport
Ohh awesome lol my bad dude. I always associate OKC with the damn school house. Were you hoping for something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thirtythree

May 24, 2011
It's extra lousy because I guarantee that for probably 80% of the towers on that list the competition to move to a higher level facility is going to be very high for years to come.

BravoTango

Rookie
Dec 9, 2016
Man these lists are dismal, what's with the huge differences in choices you military folks are getting?
Experience level. Recent lists seem to be for people strait out of the military. Those with military plus contract tower or DOD are getting level 7-9 up down facilities. Those with previous TRACON are getting the centers and stand alone TRACONs.

ControlledChaos

Dec 5, 2013
Experience level. Recent lists seem to be for people strait out of the military. Those with military plus contract tower or DOD are getting level 7-9 up down facilities. Those with previous TRACON are getting the centers and stand alone TRACONs.

5 years experience in military.
1 year experience at contract tower.
Only offered 5s and 6s.

I don't believe there is a rhyme or reason besides the luck of the draw in some instances.

BravoTango

Rookie
Dec 9, 2016
Only offered 5s and 6s.

I don't believe there is a rhyme or reason besides the luck of the draw in some instances.

Guess I should have specified state side contract towers.

ControlledChaos

Dec 5, 2013
Guess I should have specified state side contract towers.

Two former coworkers of mine in the military got picked up and were offered 7 up to 9s. Straight out of the military with no experience in DoD or contract of any kind.

MC15

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016
It depends on the traffic volume and the runway configuration. Its all on pointsixtyfive.com

ATC_WVgirl

Sep 27, 2016
Only offered 5s and 6s.

I have the same, 5 years military, 1 year FCT stateside and only got 5s and 6s.

ControlledChaos

Dec 5, 2013
I have the same, 5 years military, 1 year FCT stateside and only got 5s and 6s.

Exactly. Like I stated before, although there may be certain guidelines that may be followed based off of your experience I feel that it's still based off of the needs and timing of the FAA.

I've had coworkers that have less experience than me at the same location, minus my contract experience afterwards, and they still got higher options.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
All military are getting 5's-7's. Some bases, excluding Army, are getting 8-9's. There's about 4 or 5 Air Force bases that are getting offered 10-12's. From what I've seen these are Tyndall, Eglin, Nellis, McGuire, and Grand Forks AFB. Except for one of my friend picked up on the OtS bid all my former coworkers at Tyndall are now at 10+ facilities including SoCal, Denver Tracon, Potomac, Miami tracon, and NY Tracon.