PRIOR EXPERIENCE 2152 FAA-ATO-16-ATC-EXP-44955 BID IS OUT 21 December 2015

Gmw

Rookie
Mar 15, 2016
Did anyone else get that sweet email today that says due to budget issues they will not be sending out facility lists until August and that you won't be able to start until October. That is the beginning of the new fiscal year.

Breaker81

Rookie
Feb 10, 2010
Dear Selectee,
Congratulations!!!! We at the Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Technical Onboarding Team have received word that you have successfully been cleared for employment with the FAA and are now awaiting facility placement.
We are sending this email to inform you that, due to budget constraints for the remainder of Fiscal Year 2017, we have been instructed to suspend placement activity until mid-August 2017. In mid-August, tentatively on August 10, 2017 or August 17, 2017, we will resume placement activity and a facility preference list will be sent to you for you to rank in order of your preference. Your preference will be granted to every extent possible but cannot be guaranteed. Facilities are offered and assigned via a standard process and primarily the needs of the FAA. Once facility assignment has been made, Aviation Careers will contact you to coordinate an Entry on Duty (EOD) date which must be on or after October 1[SUP]st[/SUP], 2017 in order to fall within Fiscal Year 2018.
We are looking forward to having you join the ATO and we appreciate your patience in this matter.
Sincerely,
Technical Onboarding Team
Air Traffic Organization (ATO)
Federal Aviation Administration

Gmw

Rookie
Mar 15, 2016
That's the one! Good thing they have funding to have another bid open up in July though.

Pee Arghh

Newcomer
Feb 24, 2016
Edwards AFB
Excited for the news in August, however my ATM at my current contract facility just put in his 2 week notice. We're only 4 strong here including him. Any suggestions on leaving this facility in the fall without putting them too far up shit creek?

DaOsprey

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2014
Excited for the news in August, however my ATM at my current contract facility just put in his 2 week notice. We're only 4 strong here including him. Any suggestions on leaving this facility in the fall without putting them too far up shit creek?
Screw them lol.

DJ_

Newcomer
Mar 16, 2013
What facility are you at?