PRIOR EXPERIENCE BID MAY 3-6

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
Would this apply to active controllers in the national guard?
You should read the requirements to make sure, but if you have the 52 consecutive weeks of experience at an approach control/tower/enroute facility you should be good to go.

atchilton

Newcomer
Feb 3, 2013
Corpus Christi, TX
Hello,
I am hoping someone out there can answer this question. I am interested in appyling for this anouncment however I am on active duty until May 2020 starting terminal in Mar 2020. I possess a CTO and have radar experience. I know the announcement says 120 days for Veteran Preference however can you still apply when you are more than 120 days out by not using the veteran preference? What is the farthest out that people have been picked up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Nate

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Hello,
I am hoping someone out there can answer this question. I am interested in appyling for this anouncment however I am on active duty until May 2020 starting terminal in Mar 2020. I possess a CTO and have radar experience. I know the announcement says 120 days for Veteran Preference however can you still apply when you are more than 120 days out by not using the veteran preference? What is the farthest out that people have been picked up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Nate
Entrance on Duty Requirements (EOD): If you are unable to complete all of the pre-employment requirements within 90 days from the date of the Clearance Instruction Letter (CIL), the FAA may rescind your tentative job offer for this vacancy. If you are a current military member in active duty service, you must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, or written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted.

ChefBryardee

Rookie
Jul 5, 2018
Fort Worth
Hello,

-Nate
A friend of mine got accepted on two bids when he was WELL over 120 days out, but I don't think they're doing that anymore. Hell, I'm 123 days out and I'm kinda worried about getting screwed over those three days.

Although, as I've always been told, it never hurts to apply anyways.

Periculant

Newcomer
Jun 19, 2018
I applied with 127 days remaining in service and got picked up with a TOL but Im still stuck in the Tier 2 world. I was part of the March 2018 Bid. So I would apply...

P08C

Newcomer
Jun 2, 2019
I contacted aviation careers prior to applying. They said that you can apply outside of the 120 day window, but you're not eligible for military preference. I applied and recently my application was referred. I know this is far from being hired, but it's still better than not being referred I guess. The worst they can say is no.

billyd.atc

Newcomer
Jul 10, 2019
KTBN
I received my TOL yesterday as well. Any idea of how long we will have to wait to find out what facilities are available to us?

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
I received my TOL yesterday as well. Any idea of how long we will have to wait to find out what facilities are available to us?
The lists will change a lot by the time you get all of your clearances and wait for the list. Go check out pointsixtyfive.com there’s a lot of info there. Here’s my timeline so far...

Prior Experience Bid: 12/3/19; TOL: 3/8/19; CIL: 3/25/19; MMPI: 3/28/19; e-QIP: 3/26/19; Medical/Drug: 4/8/19

Last edited: