Process Question - Just Need Clarification

LTB11

Rookie
May 9, 2018
24 year old newbie here. Getting straight to the point.

ATC has been my dream for a long time. I earned a 2 year degree in Air Traffic Control from a CTI back in 2013. This past August, I graduated from a 4 year university with my Bachelors in Geography with a minor in spatial science. So the education/work background should be in tip top shape.

My question is....what all do I need to do before the next bid is announced so that I can be 100% prepared?

My USAJobs account is up to date and running so that's done.

I'm guessing the only thing that I need to do is retake the AT-SAT since the last time I took it was 2013?

Any help and advice would be appreciated!

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Literally nothing but move on with your life. You'll have to retake the new version of the atsat (now atsa I think) during the process. Just wait for a bid and apply then wait... forever.

LTB11

Rookie
May 9, 2018
Thank you guys for the replies.

Is there like a website or something where I can book a date at a location to take the atsa?

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
You’ll have to go through the whole bid process. Since you’re CTi you skip the BioQ exam and they’ll let you know when and where you can take it. Then prepare to wait a few months on the results. Just look up on pointsixtyfive what the new Atsa entails just to be prepared

LTB11

Rookie
May 9, 2018
So apply for the bid, then take the atsa after they invite you. Got it.

Thank you all for the replies and to those who will be applying to the next bid like myself, good luck!

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Make sure you have your transcripts uploaded to usajobs as you’ll need to submit those to provide experience.

UNDgrad06

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Peachtree City, GA
Atleast he is only 24 and still has a chance. There was a guy who posted on here saying ATC has been his dream his whole life but he was like 30, and was just now starting to look into it. LOL

undsioux

Rookie
Jan 30, 2012
I know I needed one and I think you still do, but make sure you have your letter of recommendation from your cti school as well.

LTB11

Rookie
May 9, 2018
I don't get it. ATC is your "dream", but you haven't applied the last 4 years?
I have applied......twice. Last time was in August 2016........

But didn't have the minimum requirement of 4 year degree or equivalent.

Now I do. :)

LTB11

Rookie
May 9, 2018
I know I needed one and I think you still do, but make sure you have your letter of recommendation from your cti school as well.
Already on top of that.

Also concerning the transcript, I have access to my old CTI transcripts which is no problem...but don't have access to my 4 year degree transcripts. I do have my diploma framed. Could I upload a JPEG of that?

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Already on top of that.

Also concerning the transcript, I have access to my old CTI transcripts which is no problem...but don't have access to my 4 year degree transcripts. I do have my diploma framed. Could I upload a JPEG of that?
No. You have to get a transcript

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Already on top of that.

What do you mean you don’t ha e access just go to the school and order one.

Anyways you’ll need your 2 year cti degree transcript to prove you qualify for pool 1. You only will need your 4 year if you are using that for 3 years work experience.

As as far as I know you don’t need he letter of rec anymore. All I submitted was transcripts.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
What do you mean you don’t ha e access just go to the school and order one.

Anyways you’ll need your 2 year cti degree transcript to prove you qualify for pool 1. You only will need your 4 year if you are using that for 3 years work experience.

As as far as I know you don’t need he letter of rec anymore. All I submitted was transcripts.
You absolutely still need the letter of recommendation. They've come out and said that this upcoming bid if you don't have it you will be removed.

Wycked

Aug 22, 2013
ZAB
Get another job, apply for the open bids, then if you ever get a shot don't wash out at the academy.