PTOL January 2017

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
Hate to say it but calling HR is the best way to expedite the process. I had resisted contacting them until medical informed me that I was cleared (was the last item I was waiting on). I contacted HR and they stated they had received all my clearances and just needed to assign me a class. They estimated about two weeks. I called back a month later in which they stated another two weeks. I called them another month later and they stated another two weeks. As much as I didn't want to be "that guy" I couldn't resist as I had been waiting two months with all my clearances. Three voicemail to my HR rep later I was able to get a hold of then when she was in office. Ten minutes into the phone conversation I had my file completely reviewed and was assigned a class date. It may just be my personal experience but it felt like I was never a priority until I started to contact them on the regular.
Yep I was that person too. I knew I had been cleared for a while, had already renewed my drug test. After an initial call that said couple weeks, I contacted through email and got no response. Maybe a month after getting told "2 more weeks" I called my HR and left a voicemail. She called back the same day with a class date!

BGaviator13

Apr 10, 2015
I don't think I should have to be pushy to get a date in a reasonable amount of time. Waiting two months would be January but I don't think that's really going to be the case here. At least I really hope not.

BGaviator13

Apr 10, 2015
Got a call today offering January 3rd start date if I switch to terminal from enroute. I really want enroute so I'm holding off for an enroute date. Was also told enroute is filled up to or through January so I'm not expecting late January or early Feb for enroute folks right now.

Shane Daniels

Rookie
Apr 11, 2015
Got a call today offering January 3rd start date if I switch to terminal from enroute. I really want enroute so I'm holding off for an enroute date. Was also told enroute is filled up to or through January so I'm not expecting late January or early Feb for enroute folks right now.
Take it! We would have a same class!

Cjcola16

Newcomer
Sep 17, 2015
January 3 class date for terminal. Message me if you're interested in rooming together or meeting for study groups.

jingaling

Rookie
Aug 13, 2014
Is anyone else still waiting for medical? Its been over five months for me.
Just call them up and find out who your HR rep is and ask for their email. Email your rep and ask them if they need anything else from you and if they have any info on when they might have a class opening for you. I didn't want to contact them, but once I did it seemed like the ball really got rolling.

AAA

Newcomer
Jun 20, 2015
Same here. Although I got a call 3 weeks ago from my medical POC asking for some more info regarding my military records. Apparently they're have a hard time finding them but the good news is that at least they haven't forgotten about me. It was nice to see they're working on my paperwork. The guy ensured me that he's been doing this a while and will track them down.

Alphaguy

Newcomer
Nov 25, 2016
Same here. Although I got a call 3 weeks ago from my medical POC asking for some more info regarding my military records. Apparently they're have a hard time finding them but the good news is that at least they haven't forgotten about me. It was nice to see they're working on my paperwork. The guy ensured me that he's been doing this a while and will track them down.
Wait are you saying that medical for the FAA will request all of our medical documents from our military service? Does that include or exclude mental health documents?

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
Wait are you saying that medical for the FAA will request all of our medical documents from our military service? Does that include or exclude mental health documents?
The form they give you to fill out requests "ALL PERSONNEL RECORDS, CLINICAL COUNSELING RECORDS & DEROGATORY INFORMATION" and "A COMPLETE COPY OF ALL MEDICAL TREATMENT RECORDS IN ORDER TO DETERMINE SUITABILITY FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION".

I don't really know what all they ended up getting (I didn't have any mental health documents) - so I can't tell you for sure 1 way or the other.

abcd1234

Newcomer
Mar 23, 2015
Just got my email saying medical is cleared!

Now just to refresh my drug test and wait for my date.

Does anyone know about volunteering for HCF enroute? When I took mmpi there they said before I start my training it was possible to volunteer. Would really like to stay in Hawaii.

Chandu

Newcomer
Jan 29, 2016
I've been told I have to the tier 2 mmpi, still waiting to schedule it. Recently found out I have to meet with an investigator for the security clearance. Originally given Jan 2017 to start. Anyone have any idea how much time this adds?

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
I've been told I have to the tier 2 mmpi, still waiting to schedule it. Recently found out I have to meet with an investigator for the security clearance. Originally given Jan 2017 to start. Anyone have any idea how much time this adds?
That could potentially be a 6 month delay

SuntanMan

Nov 12, 2015
Oh it's going to be a while. I took my tier 2 evaluation in July and I'm still waiting on pigs to fly

BGaviator13

Apr 10, 2015
Rep said there's still like 10-15 in front of me before I'll get a date. Hopefully that's total and not just how many she has.

Alphaguy

Newcomer
Nov 25, 2016
The form they give you to fill out requests "ALL PERSONNEL RECORDS, CLINICAL COUNSELING RECORDS & DEROGATORY INFORMATION" and "A COMPLETE COPY OF ALL MEDICAL TREATMENT RECORDS IN ORDER TO DETERMINE SUITABILITY FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION".

I don't really know what all they ended up getting (I didn't have any mental health documents) - so I can't tell you for sure 1 way or the other.
Whoa. Thanks. I doubt they give access to the mental health (military). But I assume that's more for a glass ceiling for applicants. Many will filter themselves out just like applying for certain jobs with USAJOBS.

Last edited: