PUB 7 AT SAT score

randt

Jan 12, 2009
So, I got my ATSAT score today. I took the test yesterday, 6-1. I did much better than I felt I had, WQ. To be honest, I left the test feeling pretty defeated, and wouldn't have been surprised if I failed. Good luck to all you guys who are waiting to test!

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
You got your score after only one day? That's pretty quick.

I had the same feeling after I initially took the test. I actually didn't even want to check my score on ASAP, but my wife finally made me. It all worked out for the best though.

randt

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah, I finished the test about 2pm on Monday, and test results were posted on my ASAP at 128pm on Tuesday. Well, I think us here in DFW were the first group to test, so maybe that's why it was posted so fast? Robinson said they send the results the same day you take it, so its up to the FAA on how long they take to post it, but did say to expect 7-10 business days. I just couldn't help checking. ;)

I specifically remember reading where you said you thought you hadn't done well, either, and hoped that was the situation I was in. There were parts I thought were just flat out brutal.

randt

Jan 12, 2009
Yup. Wait, wait, wait.....

The weird thing is, there was a lady there who said she applied in Jan 08 and was just contacted to take the test. This is PUB7, which was in Dec 08, so I find that a bit odd.

BoomerSooner77

I am rubber, you're glue.
Oct 8, 2008
Plano, TX
Yup. Wait, wait, wait.....

The weird thing is, there was a lady there who said she applied in Jan 08 and was just contacted to take the test. This is PUB7, which was in Dec 08, so I find that a bit odd.
She probably applied to a state specific announcement, unless it was PUB1 which I think was opened late January.

The people that applied to state specific announcement seem to have been drug around quite a bit in the processes.

Badgerlandpilot

Newcomer
Apr 21, 2009
Just wondering how long it took everyone to take the test or what time you got done? I'm scheduled the 24th in Chicago and looking at what time to schedule a flight out of there. Thanks for anybody's input.

randt

Jan 12, 2009
I finished just before 2pm CT. Our "official start time" was 0845.

The day was like this:

1. Checked in before 0745, as instructed per letter.
2. Told to come back about 0810, so then we were seated by 0815.
3. RVA gave a speech and our "official start time" was 0845. You have 8 hours, including all breaks and lunch to complete the test. So, no matter what, I would have had to be finished by 1645.

Your times may vary a bit, but I would think you should be done no later than 5pm lcl.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
I think I finished in about 5.5 hours. Didn't take a lunch break or anything, just hit the bathroom once or twice between sections. I actually ended up being the second person done it my testing group, but you're only allowed a maximum of 8 hours.

bakeek

Rookie
Jun 4, 2009
I took my test yesterday aswell in Arlington and got my score today. I have to say that I was more than surprised to see what I got compared to what I thought I would get. That test is almost too forgiving...I crashed like 3 planes into something on the scenario test. Screw those colored little letters on the conveyor too!

chaosticbry

Rookie
Apr 15, 2009
CA
i think some one has gone over this before so i am sorry in advance but where the analogizes just as hard on the test as they where in the green book?

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
i think some one has gone over this before so i am sorry in advance but where the analogizes just as hard on the test as they where in the green book?
They are worse on the test than they are in the book. I don't think they are rated too high though because I did really well on the test and I though only a few of them made sense. Maybe I'm just a hell of a guesser!

randt

Jan 12, 2009
RdRunnr, I guessed, too on the analogies! Parts were easy, parts were hard. Analogies were definitely a killer! I would say the Green Book was a pretty good indicator of how hard the test is.

Last edited:

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
RdRunnr, I guessed, too on the analogies! Parts were easy, parts were hard. Analogies were definitely a killer! I would say the Green Book was a pretty good indicator of how hard the test is.
The analogies killed me when I took it. After having taken that section I really don't understand my score.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
I don't think the analogies mattered much. Its just another way of seeing how smart you are. I do believe that they mostly score you on the math, dials, and angles. I know a few people who had problems with that and scored low, yet they did well on the letter factory.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
is everything in the book easier than on the test?
No, the angles in the book are ridiculous. They give too many possible answers for the angle given. The test is a little bit easier to figure out.

The options for a 180 degree angle won't be
a. 170
b. 185
c. 190
d. 180
like the book. Just make sure you look at the angle indicator and don't get in a rush. Other than that the book was pretty fair. The letter factory software gets you familiar with the process but isn't even close to the real thing. Pay attention to the fastest moving conveyor belts and which belts have the most letters on them. Those are a couple of the questions it asks when they randomly pause it on you.

SpinningHat

Mr. Hat
Jun 4, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
When I took mine, I took a break betweek every section, and took a little longer than usual lunch..(not on purpose mind you, but we were testing in Las Vegas, and the craphole hotel we were at right off the strip had nothing to offer, so we had to walk a bit..) And was done in roguhly 6 hours. I was 3rd of the group, but felt really good after taking it, and I think that was really partly ecause I did take the breaks as I needed them. (I had a 5 hour energy to start the day, and another at lunch, so that may have helped a bit.) bagerland, I'd plan on taking the full 8 hours, just to be safe. No reason to add that kind of stress to an already stressful day!

surfire22

Newcomer
Jun 3, 2009
hey just took the test today 6-5, im pretty freaked out about the math portion and I crashed three planes, :( , I really wanted to pass the test, only found out about stuck mic two days before the test, wondering if anyone knows if this is going to be the last hire, or if an a year they will still be hiring, dont know my score yet but im stressin man, Surfire out