Pubnat4

foxfire711

Newcomer
Oct 28, 2008
CLT
am I drawing a blank? What state is HA?
OH! I was really exhausted when typing last. I meant HI, Hawaii. My fiance is stationed there. I wouldn't mind GA, but I heard that the wait would be longer... :)

So, congrats to you all! The process is moving faster than I'd anticipated--Yay! :cheers

ladystinger

Rookie
Oct 2, 2008
lol... im around the corner from there, you must be in long island im assuming too....good luck, i am insane and i am praying to get n90 or isp.....but i wouldnt mind farmingdale tower, that would be an awesome commute....lol....
Actually Im in Brooklyn, But I drive to Woodbury everyday for work and have friends in Farmingdale. Will be moving to the island if all goes well. And I do believe you are INSANE, but that's a New Yorker for ya, but good luck and maybe we'll be crossing paths! And I would so envy you for that commute...LOL. Keep in touch, one never knows we may end up in the same place and be Insane together!

Tommy10

Oct 8, 2008
Rockledge, FL
I have been seeing a possibility that they are combining 3 & 4 in the selection panel. Does that mean our chance or being selected is cut in half or they are just doing them at the same time?

BCLIFTON

Time for a new user title
Aug 30, 2008
Chicago IL (Wicker Park)
I think they might have only had so many eligible applicants so they have to combine them but I can see why you might think that, also they are in a bit of a time crunch.

A

Ammolite

I have been seeing a possibility that they are combining 3 & 4 in the selection panel. Does that mean our chance or being selected is cut in half or they are just doing them at the same time?
Yes, your chance is cut in half, though:

- If both announcements together equal the same or a similar number of people, it won't be much of a difference. No one ever discloses the true amount of referred applicants per announcement, so it's anyone's guess.

- If you've applied to both 3+4 AND you applied for 4 different states, then your chances are identical to what they would be if two panels were held and you did the same.

- If you've applied to both 3+4 with the same preferences, then your chance decreases astonishly, because the head of HR has deemed that they are condensing all duplicate applications.

A

Adam

The way the VRA applications worked...we could choose say 5 states. Once our name was referred to one of those states for consideration, we were no longer considered for the other 4 states. If you checked your ASAP and it said that you were referred for Georgia, then the ASAP system would automatically not refer you to any other state, even if you had chosen different states in different announcements you applied for.

I'm not sure if the OTS process is different in that respect.

chichi

Sep 25, 2008
The way the VRA applications worked...we could choose say 5 states. Once our name was referred to one of those states for consideration, we were no longer considered for the other 4 states. If you checked your ASAP and it said that you were referred for Georgia, then the ASAP system would automatically not refer you to any other state, even if you had chosen different states in different announcements you applied for.

I'm not sure if the OTS process is different in that respect.
When we're referred, we're still only referred for "Throughout the Nation" and not a specific state... there is no sign of where we might be going until they offer us the position.

Here's what it said on ASAP for my PUBNAT2 application:

Referral list FA-AAC-08-15720: Issued on 09/08/2008 for the Throughout The Nation duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.
Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT2-09140. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

A

Adam

Is it possible or have you heard anyone getting TOL off of two different PUBNATS at the same time? Or is PUBNAT2 even that far in the process yet? I'm curious, once you get a TOL if you are able to get another TOL off of a different announcement.

chichi

Sep 25, 2008
Is it possible or have you heard anyone getting TOL off of two different PUBNATS at the same time? Or is PUBNAT2 even that far in the process yet? I'm curious, once you get a TOL if you are able to get another TOL off of a different announcement.
There were people from PUBNAT1 who already had TOLs (and some FOLs) and still received offers for PUBNAT2... that's as far as we've gotten since PUBNAT3 is still waiting for the hiring panels to meet. We haven't had 2 announcements moving at the same rate, as 3 & 4 seem to be...

A

Adam

Well that is good for the PUBNATs...we could only have one offer pending at a time...actually only one referral....the system was set up if you had a referral for Texas...it was impossible for you to get a referral for another state.

A

Ammolite

When we're referred, we're still only referred for "Throughout the Nation" and not a specific state... there is no sign of where we might be going until they offer us the position.

Here's what it said on ASAP for my PUBNAT2 application:

Referral list FA-AAC-08-15720: Issued on 09/08/2008 for the Throughout The Nation duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.
Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT2-09140. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.
I remember people in PUBNAT1 receiving referral messages that were for two states specifically. I'm not sure how widespread that was, but I've definitely seen it several times.

chichi

Sep 25, 2008
I remember people in PUBNAT1 receiving referral messages that were for two states specifically. I'm not sure how widespread that was, but I've definitely seen it several times.
Are you sure it was PUBNAT1? I've seen it for the CTI and VRA people, but never for PUBNAT1 or 2.

indyATC

Newcomer
Dec 3, 2008
Indianapolis
Hey kids/friends/sirs/madams/whatever:

New guy. Second post(go easy on me).

I know these type of questions get asked all the time, but... I'm asking!

So I'm PUBNAT4, already took the test(got a 96.1.. or is it .4?... it's a 96.-something), already did my geo-pref...

Now I understand that mid-late January is the panel for PUBNAT 4...

Beyond that... what's the expected timeline?

I'm guessing mid-late February for finding out whether I made the list or not and then another month or two beyond that until I'm scheduled?

Obviously if we KNEW, we'd know. Beyond that... can I get a heads up?

BCLIFTON

Time for a new user title
Aug 30, 2008
Chicago IL (Wicker Park)
Hey man as far as January that is when the reps from certain states which are unknown will go to OKC and look at the applicants based on there scores, etc and make their picks for their states. Then from what I understand is you have the option to turn down or accept and if you accept you should do the PEPC which is your physical, psych test, back ground investigation and interview so you will know what facility has picked you based on an offer cause you wont get picked up until a facility wants you or that rep selected I m not sure which was it quite goes but I am sure someone who will read this will help correct me. Then after that you should get a class date. So I guess you can kinda gauge how long it is going to take based on some of the others that have gone before us. The lady at HR in OKC says that on average applicants are taking anywhere from 8 months to a year and a half to get in to a class. Hope this helps!

Dunia

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2008
I am interested in the Enroute option some where in Florida but I was wondering does anyone know what facilities would be available under this option??

06/30/2008 - PUBNAT4
09/11/2008 - AT-SAT date (Well Qualified)
11/26/2008 - Geo pref email for PUBNAT4
Currently - Waiting... again...

A

Ammolite

I am interested in the Enroute option some where in Florida but I was wondering does anyone know what facilities would be available under this option??

06/30/2008 - PUBNAT4
09/11/2008 - AT-SAT date (Well Qualified)
11/26/2008 - Geo pref email for PUBNAT4
Currently - Waiting... again...
A center with a waiting list of like 2 years.

chichi

Sep 25, 2008
ZJX and ZMA... but, as Ammolite said, waiting lists are apparently pretty long

AIRTIM6

Newcomer
Dec 10, 2008
Whats up everyone...new guy from NY. Took the ATSAT in september in Holtsville...recieved a score of qualified and have been waiting..finally recieved GEO Pref. email and selected NY and MA for the enroute option. I called HR to get word on whats next and this is what i got:
Board to meet in january with interviews to follow soonafter. Additionally, an academy date hasn't been selected but expect sometime in March/April. < directly from HR.>

ladystinger

Rookie
Oct 2, 2008
Wow that would be extremely fast based on what they have been doing thus far! I could understand a PEPC date of March/April but an academy date? Doesn't seem possible, but we shall see.