Pubnat5

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
I know there is quite a bit posted from the patient applicants of PUBNATs1-4. I thought I would start a thread for all those PUBNAT5 applicants (like myself).

Per the trends and a call I made to OKC, the list for AT-SAT tests for PUBNAT5 should be generated any day now.

If anyone has updates from the PUBNAT5 round of applications, post here and I will do the same.

Walt

Rookie
Aug 22, 2008
NW Georgia
Im PUBNAT 4 and I was just notified last week about taking the test. They are testing in Atlanta Oct. 6-17. Not sure if it will be all PUBNAT 4 folks or a spattering from different PUBNATS.

A

Ammolite

I know there is quite a bit posted from the patient applicants of PUBNATs1-4. I thought I would start a thread for all those PUBNAT5 applicants (like myself).

Per the trends and a call I made to OKC, the list for AT-SAT tests for PUBNAT5 should be generated any day now.

If anyone has updates from the PUBNAT5 round of applications, post here and I will do the same.
Do not trust the Careers line; they're idiots, and completely unacquainted with the process.

Also, don't expect AT-SAT notification until after PUBNAT4 finishes their testing -- that's how the trend has played out in the past.

Walt said:
Im PUBNAT 4 and I was just notified last week about taking the test. They are testing in Atlanta Oct. 6-17. Not sure if it will be all PUBNAT 4 folks or a spattering from different PUBNATS.
All PUBNAT4 only.

shao

Jul 15, 2008
Rosemead, Ca
i'm in pubnat 5. did they contact you by phone? email? how will i be notified?
i am so relieved that they are notifing pubnat 4. i hope to take test soon. i am so tired of waiting. :hurray:

otspct

Rookie
Aug 21, 2008
im in pubnat 5 as well. fresh outta college, university of maryland, and hoping to take the test soon.

when i called they said not to expect a call or email from them about the test til mid to late october with a test date probably early november.

time is coming, i hope i have good luck.

gilie007

Newcomer
Oct 9, 2008
In PUBNAT 2 we were contacted by email. We were asked to call an outsourced company(they facilitate the AT-SAT) to set up a test date. We choose the date we wanted to go out of about a three week span.

Walt

Rookie
Aug 22, 2008
NW Georgia
i'm in pubnat 5. did they contact you by phone? email? how will i be notified?
i am so relieved that they are notifing pubnat 4. i hope to take test soon. i am so tired of waiting. :hurray:

Email. If you couriousity starts getting the best of you, you can call Robinson Aviation at 405-840-3771 to see if you have been recommended for testing by the FAA. I did, and they told where and when testing would be a couple of weeks b/f I got the actual email.

About the test, I suggest studying all of the material provided on this site and anything else you can get your hands on. Do word problems, puzzles, play video games, etc. I studied/practiced some and went into the test over confident. It was VERY challenging, for me at least. I made an 83. Wish I had prepared more.

A

Ammolite

Email. If you couriousity starts getting the best of you, you can call Robinson Aviation at 405-840-3771 to see if you have been recommended for testing by the FAA. I did, and they told where and when testing would be a couple of weeks b/f I got the actual email.

About the test, I suggest studying all of the material provided on this site and anything else you can get your hands on. Do word problems, puzzles, play video games, etc. I studied/practiced some and went into the test over confident. It was VERY challenging, for me at least. I made an 83. Wish I had prepared more.
I called R.A. before I received my scheduling e-mail, about two weeks before, and they hadn't even gotten the list of applicants yet...

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
Has anyone (who's initial application was PUBNAT5) heard anything about taking the ATSAT? I figure the PUBNAT4 group finished testing last week so we should be up next.

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
Do not trust the Careers line; they're idiots, and completely unacquainted with the process.
All PUBNAT4 only.
Today I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask whats going on the sooooo I called the careers line. They said 2-6 weeks for PUBNAT5 to receive notification on ATSAT selection. They also said PUBNAT7 will be posted in the next 2-3 weeks. Just thought I would share.

I pulled this from another site. Its a time line Rosstafari made and I love it. Heres to learning patience at step 2!!!! :tap:

As far as timeline goes... you can just about toss exact times out the window, as they've changed for every public announcement. However, the order hasn't differed. Roughly, the process is:

1. Apply online at ASAP.
2. Wait.
3. Receive approval to take the AT-SAT.
4. Wait.
5. Take the AT-SAT.
6. Wait.
7. Receive your AT-SAT score.
8. Wait.
9. Receive geographic preferences notice, submit them.
10. Wait.
11. Receive notification that you're on a referral list.
12. Wait.
13. Receive invitation for a PEPC (basically a day where all interviews, clearances, etc. are done together). Generally, you should take them up on the PEPC, as doing things separately can take much, much longer.
14. Wait.
15. Go to the PEPC. Usually receive a TOL (tentative offer letter) the same day.
16. Wait.
17. Receive a FOL (final offer letter), which I believe includes your Academy start date.
18. Wait.
19. Go to the Academy. Do not pass Go. Do collect Per Diem, which is, unfortunately, much less than $200.
20. Studystudystudystudystudystudystudy x 1000000.
21. At the end of the Academy, take your PV (performance evaluation). Pass, hopefully.
22. Head out to your assigned facility to complete your training.

That's assuming eveything goes well, of course. I may have left out a few waits.

A

Ammolite

Today I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask whats going on the sooooo I called the careers line. They said 2-6 weeks for PUBNAT5 to receive notification on ATSAT selection. They also said PUBNAT7 will be posted in the next 2-3 weeks. Just thought I would share.

I pulled this from another site. Its a time line Rosstafari made and I love it. Heres to learning patience at step 2!!!! :tap:
PUBNAT7 will likely be posted around Nov. 14-ish, and close by Nov. 28.

I don't see the point of PUBNAT5 taking their ATSATs yet, when they're already backlogged two announcements, but then again, the FAA isn't logical.

Jp3dflyr

Newcomer
Sep 12, 2008
Just got a message on ASAP that says that I received AT-SAT authorization and should be contacted in a few weeks to take the test. Looks like Pubnat 5 is moving forward.

shao

Jul 15, 2008
Rosemead, Ca
Just got a message on ASAP that says that I received AT-SAT authorization and should be contacted in a few weeks to take the test. Looks like Pubnat 5 is moving forward.
not for me.

"No Referral Lists have been created for Announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT5-10363"

:banghead: :cuss:

chichi

Sep 25, 2008
not for me.

"No Referral Lists have been created for Announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT5-10363"

:banghead: :cuss:
That's for a referral list... you're nowhere near that stage yet. You should have a message under the white box on your ASAP home page regarding the AT-SAT.

shao

Jul 15, 2008
Rosemead, Ca
That's for a referral list... you're nowhere near that stage yet. You should have a message under the white box on your ASAP home page regarding the AT-SAT.
:eek: i am so embarassed and excited at the same time. i have been authorized to take test. ooh Hooo. i'll just wait for their call?

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
ALRIGHT!!! :multi:
10/29/2008 08:17:10 AM (Central Time): You have been authorized to take the AT-SAT test for announcement AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT5-10363. You will be contacted within a few weeks to schedule the test. If you have questions about the process, please call Aviation Careers Division at 405-954-4657.

Here's to waiting again :cheers:

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Congratulations to everyone getting AT-SAT notices!

Woo hoo, cross-site quote!

I'm starting to spend less time over there anyways... these days, ## tends to be about:

• 35% Useless Information From Applicants Who Don't Know What They're Talking About
  • 25% Complaining About Avatars
  • 20% "USE THE SEARCH TOOL NOOB"
  • 30% "zOMG I'm tired of waiting!!!!!111"
  • 10% Repeated "Official" PUBNAT Threads
  • 5% Ammolite Getting Banned
  • 45% Arguing About Avatars / The Search Tool / Waiting / Ammolite
  • 10% Threads By Raydon
  • 1% Actually Helpful Information (usually when LG visits, since the only other experienced controller there is an angry troll)
  • and 22% Not Good With Fractions
Besides, StuckMic gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.