PV Coming up Soon

Green_Between

Aug 27, 2008
socal
Re: PV On Wednesday!

Good luck man. My class is about half way through non-radar, so we still have a while to go. Is there an official rubric for the PV, like how many separation errors you can have? It must feel nice knowing you'll be going home in about 2 weeks!

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009

Good luck man. My class is about half way through non-radar, so we still have a while to go. Is there an official rubric for the PV, like how many separation errors you can have? It must feel nice knowing you'll be going home in about 2 weeks!
From what they have explained it seems the PV is pretty much 100% subjective based on the person evaluating you. They have a list of criteria they are supposed to look at. Generally more than one seperation error will result in a failure(if they see them), but I've heard of folks having two sets of flashers and still passing as well. Just depends on how everything else goes. I've worked with R-sides who said they've run PVs where the person ran people through the MOA or Restricted area twice and the evaluator never even noticed because he just sounded good on the radio. If you start off strong it sounds like you can lull the evaluator into not paying attention anymore. A couple others have said they've been involved in some very short PVs, like 25 minutes because they had their conflicts resolved already, sounded perfect, and did everything else right. So they just ended the problem early and passed them. Others get extra time if they had a shakey start.

Who knows. I'll report back more as the PV is going on. However if I never post on SM again it's probably because I failed and can't handle the shame! haha

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X

Man... can't believe you're already coming up on your PV. Seems like just yesterday you left the ranks of the waiters and strolled through the gate of MMAC. *sniff* Our mbalunda is growing up so fast!

Good luck man.

styilmaz1980

Newcomer
Oct 17, 2008
Alpharetta,GA

I can't believe how time flew by...I hope we all pass and get over the stress of this thing. I'm wishing luck for everyone in my class. Hopefully we can get back on stuckmic this week with the good news.

flyerchic0212

Oct 18, 2008
atlanta

Are you in the class next door to us? There is a class with like four people going to memphis next to us that is halfway through non radar. We are located in the infamous ERTS lab, which all the instructors complain about.

But I am really nervous about PV...just because its 40 minutes that pretty much decides the rest of my life! And I don't want to have re-take it with no-pass kenny either. They keep telling us that the problem is no harder than mid 20's and I hope they are not lying...cuz the 30's have been crazy so far!

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago

Good luck man... I really need u to get to ZAU and give me all the 411.. The least u could do after stealing my spot in OK

Green_Between

Aug 27, 2008
socal

Are you in the class next door to us? There is a class with like four people going to memphis next to us that is halfway through non radar. We are located in the infamous ERTS lab, which all the instructors complain about.

But I am really nervous about PV...just because its 40 minutes that pretty much decides the rest of my life! And I don't want to have re-take it with no-pass kenny either. They keep telling us that the problem is no harder than mid 20's and I hope they are not lying...cuz the 30's have been crazy so far!
Yeah, I'm in that same class next to you guys. I think we'll be occupying the ERTS lab once you guys move on, and we've already heard all the bad things about it, lol. Good luck to you and everyone else in your class!

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009

In exactly 12 hours I'll be in there...hopefully rocking that problem!

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X

Have a few drinks beforehand. Steadies the nerves, plus, you'll be just like a real controller!