Reasons why you shouldn't live at Isola Bella!

IBblogger

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2013
I am currently living in Isola Bella right now. Below I have copied and pasted my review for Isola Bella on Apartmentratings.com. I have also decided to start a blog where I can update my reasons why I wish I didn't live here on a daily basis, because it seems I find a new reasons almost every day. Here is the link to the blog: Isola Bellughhhhhh!

Here is my review on ApartmentRatings.com

I am currently living here right now. My husband is at the FAA academy so naturally this was one of the places we noticed as a place to stay while we're here. DO NOT STAY HERE. PICK ANY OTHER OPTION POSSIBLE!! We've been here for about a month and it's MISERABLE.

When we first got here we had a "red baron" special which was that Isola Bella would cover our first nights stay since the FAA didn't. They tried twice to jip us out of it eventho we had gone over several times with them that we wanted the promotion. Keep your eye on the ladies in the office because they will screw you at any point possible.

Oh you requested something in your reservation before you got here. DOES NOT MATTER. When you get there to check in you better make sure before you even walk into that apartment that you got that full size washing machine and dryer because if you don't you will be stuck with the most ridiculous "washing machine and dryer" possible. You can only wash literally (not exaggerating) maybe 3 pairs of pants at a time and it will take a good hour for those 3 pairs of pants to dry in the dryer.

Our apartment smells like SEWEGE. The drains in our shower and sink in our bathroom emit the smell of POOP 24/7. Sometime it's so bad our entire apartment smells like it and we literally gag when we brush our teeth. I have to brush my teeth in another room an then run in there to spit it out.

The apartments are made our of paper. We are on a bottom floor and we can hear every single thing the guy above us does. At night it sounds like he is opening and closing every drawer in his room (which I'm not sure how that's possible because there aren't any dressers). I can smell what he is cooking or if he makes coffee and if I try I can hear his entire conversations with people.

We tried to switch to another apartment. They tried to put us in an apartment that literally had mold growing on the walls in the closet. It also smelled like a 90 year old man lived there. When we said it wouldn't do I was assured I would be called the next day to look at another apartment. Of course I was not. If you have any questions about any of the apartments the ladies will just simply say "I don't know" eventho they DO because it says on their computer screen right there. If you're looking to move into the complex they're sweet as pie to you but once you're in they could care less.

We called the 24 hour hotline about our garbage disposal one time and we were just hung up on. Literally someone answered the phone, heard our request, and just hung up on us.

They are also "renovating" a lot of the apartments. Which means a lot of noise. A lot of 20 something year old dudes driving construction equipment around. From our apartment we have a spectacular view including 3 dumpsters, 2 of which are giant sized. They get filled in a day easily. So we get to watch the 18 wheeler come to pick them up and drop them off every couple of days. Also, the word "renovating" implies the apartments will be nice. Well we were in an apartment with tiling and honestly it looked like I could've done a better job myself. Everything is very cheaply and half-assly done.

There is trash floating around our apartment at any given time. Literally just chip bags and plastic wrap just blowing around everywhere.

If you're coming here for the FAA academy I highly recommend Kim's Place, or Zoe Home which was just bought by Kim's place. If not it's worth looking into the thousands of other apartment complexes around. This place sucks so much. It's the worse place I've ever lived and considering our FAA per diem is giving them roughly $1500 it's ridiculous! WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LIVE HERE!!!! SAVE YOURSELF!!! They are completely ripping us off!!

Read more: I am currently living here right now. My husband is at...

Some things I wanted to add that I didn't get to put in my review:

Since I wrote my review we have moved to a new apartment. I had to go in there and bitch at the ladies for them to finally move us. Now that we're in our new apartment our internet bareelyyyyyy works. We're lucky if we get an hour here or there where we can actually use the internet. When we first moved in our apartment didn't smell like poop. I don't know how they do it but they get the smell to subside for a couple days when you first move in. Our sink, which was fine in the beginning, now is starting to smell like poop again. Awesome. Also we are in the back of the apartment complex where we were told "it was nice and quiet for studying". It's like we're in a war zone. The renovations are relentless. I could go on and on but as I said...I'm starting a blog for that so feel free to check it out. Or you could just save yourself a lot of time and hassle and just live somewhere else.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Out of curiosity, why don't you just move to another place? I'm not privy to how it works out there for the short term stays, but I could almost swear I've read about people moving to different places after arriving and being disappointed.

KiloSierra13

Rookie
Feb 27, 2012
Augusta, GA
I've been here for 2 weeks now and no complaints yet. I don't have any of the problems the op is having. I must be on the opposite side of the complex because it is extremely quiet where I'm at. I find it really convenient here because I don't have to worry about cooking with breakfast and dinner being at the pavilion. I also don't have to worry too much about cleaning cause of the weekly room service. Being able to borrow one of their cars is probably the best thing though since I didn't bring mine. I requested a pan for the oven the other day and before I got back to my room, it was already there so they are pretty quick with requests. The washer and dryer in my room work well. They are small but I just wash clothes for the whole week on Saturdays. 3 loads and I'm done. If I didnt feel like waiting on 3 loads, I would just go to the laundry room. We've also been able to use rge pavillion for study groups and my tablet connects to the internet great via the wireless connection.

SierraAK

Mar 30, 2011
Denver
I stayed there last Spring and loved it! The staff was really friendly, food was good, study group sessions were really convenient, happy hour was always a fun time. Sure things were outdated in the apartments, and I had to ask for a few repairs throughout my stay, but it was never a problem. I do agree that there was a big disconnect with the phone reservation system and the front office team, but they fixed everything once I arrived... Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I would definitely stay there again!

IBblogger

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2013
Out of curiosity, why don't you just move to another place? I'm not privy to how it works out there for the short term stays, but I could almost swear I've read about people moving to different places after arriving and being disappointed.
It's annoying to move. We don't just have a couple of our belongings here we have everything we own with us. Not to mention on top of the physical labor of moving you have to go back into the travel department at the FAA academy and redo all of your paperwork. When it comes down to it, is it live-able here? Sure. But for $1500 a month you could be living somewhere MUCH nicer. Everyone I know that lives at Kim's place loves it. It's nice. It's newer. Most importantly your apartment won't smell like poop.

IBblogger

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2013
Besides all of that, how do you like it there? Is there stuff to do?
At Isola Bella specifically? Well my husband says they do have a really nice study room? That's really all I can come up with. The immediate surrounding area is a little bitch sketchy and to be honest there's not much to do real close by. We always end up having to drive a good 15 minutes away to find anything. We have only been here for a month so who knows.

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
At Isola Bella specifically? Well my husband says they do have a really nice study room? That's really all I can come up with. The immediate surrounding area is a little bitch sketchy and to be honest there's not much to do real close by. We always end up having to drive a good 15 minutes away to find anything. We have only been here for a month so who knows.
Oh ok, so it's not all that bad there then?

IBblogger

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2013
To be fair you guys, when I got home from running errands I did find a plate of cookies on my table. That fixes a lot right? And then literally 5 minutes later someone knocked on my door to make sure I got the cookies. If anything I just feel creeped out. It's like they're watching me. They either saw me come home or it was just a super lucky guess to come by when they did. The most creepy part is that they're coming into my apartment when I'm clearly not here even though I have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door. Not cool. Since I know you're obviously reading this please stay out of my apartment. If I want to let you in I will answer the door when I'm home. Thanks!

JoshATC

Epic Member
Jun 27, 2010
ZLA CPC
IBblogger:232778 said:
To be fair you guys, when I got home from running errands I did find a plate of cookies on my table. That fixes a lot right? And then literally 5 minutes later someone knocked on my door to make sure I got the cookies. If anything I just feel creeped out. It's like they're watching me. They either saw me come home or it was just a super lucky guess to come by when they did. The most creepy part is that they're coming into my apartment when I'm clearly not here even though I have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door. Not cool. Since I know you're obviously reading this please stay out of my apartment. If I want to let you in I will answer the door when I'm home. Thanks!
All I can picture is some creepy fat man reading stuck mic. As he gets done reading your long review, he thinks everything will be fixed as he starts to bake you cookies.

He then proceeds to your room .. knocks.. nobody is answering. He unlocks your door and places the cookies on the table. He's probably hiding in your closet right now. . Watching you!

It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
We visited a classmate there for a study group last weekend, and while having your own apartment to yourself would be nice, I wasn't impressed with the condition of her apartment. We're at the old Zoe homes/new Kim's place, and the houses are less than a year old and very nice.

I do get jealous of the food the IB people in our class talk about and bring for dinner during night shifts, because I'm not a big cooker, but I'd rather save another $15/day and just get by on my own.

IBblogger

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2013
All I can picture is some creepy fat man reading stuck mic. As he gets done reading your long review, he thinks everything will be fixed as he starts to bake you cookies.

He then proceeds to your room .. knocks.. nobody is answering. He unlocks your door and places the cookies on the table. He's probably hiding in your closet right now. . Watching you!

It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.
Trust me, I checked our closet and the shower and everywhere else the second I saw the cookies. CREEPY RIGHT???

140_6

Newcomer
Dec 3, 2010
St. Paul, MN
I'm at IB right now and love it. Your not even in the FAA program, so what do you do all day anyway? Maybe you should volunteer and count your blessings, and realize YOUR NOT PAYING ANY MONEY for this. It's per deim.

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
140_6:232833 said:
I'm at IB right now and love it. Your not even in the FAA program, so what do you do all day anyway? Maybe you should volunteer and count your blessings, and realize YOUR NOT PAYING ANY MONEY for this. It's per deim.
........and someone finally ruins it.